Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 LR3. It has 175K on it and is running great so I want to keep it. I like it better than most of the new SUVs that I have checked out. I’ve looked into replacing the dash and with covers. There seems to be lots of choices for covers from carpet to hard plastic. Has anyone else tried these option, and what do you recommend?

·
very disco
663 Posts
if you want to keep the truck, replace the dash. covers look tacky. my 2006 RRS has a dash crack too \-;

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The estimate was 2k or more, so hoping someone found a decent cover. I agree with you so far and would rather keep the cracks than have a rug up there.

·
very disco
663 Posts
Oh haha yeah I’d never suggest “having the dash replaced” but rather “replacing the dash” because you can likely find a clean dash from a wrecker for <$200 and then just have your own private dashboard replacement party.
My crack hasn’t lifted or spread yet, and it just runs a small 4” on the top passenger side, so I’m looking the other way for now...

there’s a very talented upholstery repair shop near me who said they can patch it for $175. I’m thinking I’ll try that first because the labor to R&R the dash is intense

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2005 LR3. It has 175K on it and is running great so I want to keep it. I like it better than most of the new SUVs that I have checked out. I’ve looked into replacing the dash and with covers. There seems to be lots of choices for covers from carpet to hard plastic. Has anyone else tried these option, and what do you recommend?
Here is what i did with mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts