Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I bought a 2007 LR3 HSE in September and the truck has been losing suspension pressure ever since. Essentially it comes down to suspension stops in about 24 hours. I have taken it to two indie shops: the first one replaced compressor first (it really was bad) and later two front bags. The second shop replaced two rear bags and the problem is still here.
I left the truck with rear gate open slightly overnight (this should inactivate auto self-leveling?) to see if there is a problem that I can localize but it seems that with or without the tailgate open the truck is always listing to the right slightly in the morning. Later in the day it comes down to all four stops as it (probably) keeps losing pressure.
Any ideas?
Does it interfere with self-leveling that I always park it overnight on the driveway sloping up?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine was the valve blocks. They do get sticky over time and leak pressure from the airbags back into the main system.

Mine use to drop slowly over time and got worse until it was dropping quite a bit over night. Even with the EAS disabled by puling the fuses to it.

Also I don't think the rear gate deactivates the self leveling mine only seems to do so with any of the main doors open.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Where in ME are you and what shops did you bring it to to have it worked on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Bangor, ME area but we spend quite some time in Boston.
So I had it at Overlander in S. Boston and here at a local import shop that I trust (from my experience with AUDIs) - Rawcliffe's in Hampden.
I guess since most of parts that can be faulty have already been replaced I am leaning towards valve blocks too (but how would it explain clearly listing to one side?)

·
Registered
210 Posts
when you say most parts that have been replaced have been replaced, what exactly has been? Have you tried disconnecting the battery, letting it sit overnight, and seeing if it still tilts to one side? If it does, that can indicate it's an actual leak somewhere as opposed to a compressor related issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.