Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a loaded LR3 SE. Currenly has about 2000 miles on it. About a week ago my wife pulled it into the garage and we noticed it was pouring fuel out of the rear near the gas tank. Scary thing is that it was going all over the hot ehaust pipe. Anyway we called the dealership and they said to have it towed in immediately. This was a week ago and the dealship states they will need it for a few more weeks with no firm estimate of return. Apparently their is a major issue with the design of the fuel recovery system. Land Rover is redesigning as we speak.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fuel Leak

Welcome to the club.

My LR3 had approx 5k mile on it when I experienced the same problem.

Leaking fuel. Stalling in traffic and running rough

Dealership indicated a bad valve that is supposed to prevent the fuel from leaking back into the system.

Service dept indicated that it will be Sept before they can get a new fuel tank since the deffective valve is in the tank.

The dealership has been great.

gave me a new LR3 to drive until the issue can be resolved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.... I wish my dealer was as helpful. They put me in a rental car because they said they can not keep me in a loaner for weeks on end. Not the good service I am used to from land rover.

provenceman said:
Welcome to the club.

My LR3 had approx 5k mile on it when I experienced the same problem.

Leaking fuel. Stalling in traffic and running rough

Dealership indicated a bad valve that is supposed to prevent the fuel from leaking back into the system.

Service dept indicated that it will be Sept before they can get a new fuel tank since the deffective valve is in the tank.

The dealership has been great.

gave me a new LR3 to drive until the issue can be resolved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fuel leak update

Well I received a call from my dealer this monring indicating that that the fuel tank and the charcoal evaporative canister had been replaced.

When I asked the servicmanager how he was able to get a new tank so soon since the last tihing I was told was that it would be Sept before one would be availabe, he indicated that they took it off another LR3.

Picking it up this afternoon.

Will see how it runs.

The service manager told me that these tanks should never be overfilled and once the gas nozzle shuts off to removed it and not try to add additional fuel to the system.

Apparenctly the LR3 has a low tolerance for this type of overfilling.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuel leak update

It is disturbing to hear that you have to avoid over fill. Not to easy to control with some gas pumps. Anyway, hope the new tank works out. My dealer stated that the tank has been updated to fix the issue and they are waiting for the new tank to arive. Installing existing tanks in stock or one from another LR3 would end up with the same problem. Hope you received the updated tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.