Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've searched high and low about why my LR3's front parking sensors (PDC) don't sound but the back ones do. I found out (If I'm not mistaken) that the front parking sensor chime come from the same place that the turn-signal and lights-on chime come from. That makes sense because I don't have a turn signal chime, or lights-on reminder chime either. With that, I'm pretty sure I need to replace that speaker (wherever it is).

I'd love to hear from some folks if I'm correct, and if so where in the world is this 'speaker' located? And yes, I've listened to all 4 of the front sensors and they're all 'ticking' so I don't think they're bad. Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
You're correct in that the front PDC warning comes from the instrument cluster "sounder". Unfortunately, I can't find out any information about whether this is a replaceable piece from the workshop manual. If I had to guess, I would assume that it is probably integral to the instrument cluster and the entire thing would need to be replaced. Might want to place a call to a dealer and ask...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Page 3 of the link shows jpg's of the speaker etc.

Page 3 of the link below has pictures etc of how to replace the speaker that is soldered on the printed circuit board of the instrument panel.

Speaker replacement is not an easy task, nor is it for the faint hearted but it is doable - and yes, your front parking sensors share the speaker with the signal lights and all the other bonging that goes on - no wonder the speaker quits.

Also, mounted on the printed circuit board of the instrument panel is a backup memory for the CCF, Car Configuration File. As such, you just cannot go to a junk yard and pickup an instrument panel and do a swap - well I guess you can but you have to know how to reprogram the CCF.

DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - No clicking!

Come to think of it, the dealer solution is probably a thousand dollar touch so maybe there is no downside to trying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.