Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2006 LR3 V6. Unfortunately, the V6 model does not have the navigation system as an option. Does Becker, or any other GPS maufacturer, offer an after market nav system for the LR3?. I don't care about the on/off road feature, just the basic GPS.

Regards,

Britt Harrington
Miami, Florida

· Registered
1 Posts
navigation

Likewise... - I have a Middle East spec. HSE (Saudi / Bahrain)....some have navigation, some don't, mine's one of the latter. Most of the other extra's though. I've asked extensively about a retro fit of the LR system, & it seems that for the moment at least LR have no interest in catering for this. Not sure why... - all I'm told is "there is a reason it's a factory fit only option". I've seen pics of and heard of other nav models installed in the LR3, but not all have been that tidy. The best option I've come across in my investigations is the Alpine TME-M770 monitor and NVE-N099P control unit, which should fit in quite well - though still quite a complex install. In terms of functionality I'm told it's better than the LR system, but all of this is heresay. Unfortunately it's no good for me because there isn't any Middle East mapping software that will run on the Alpine systems. Looks like I'll continue to get lost struggling with some dodgy old paper maps....

· Registered
64 Posts
Hi
The new disco 3 has a choice of two sat nav systems,
1) Base Level DVD 'on road' navigation
2) Premium level 'off road' navigation.
both are touch screen operated and manufactured by DENSO
There are currently 4 DVD maps
Europe
North USA and Canada
Japan
Australia

All literature i have does not mention about it not being an op extra on the V6 ?

· Registered
1 Posts
One advantage to using a stand alone GPS like Garmin is that it will fit on the shelf area on the dash where the NAV sytems goes and you can detail plan a trip on your own computer, then load the route into the GPS. That way you have a specific route laid out for you instead of just a destination. Everytrhing else navigation wise is available in these stand alone units except for the vehicle information.
Besides that - it is transferable to other or new vehicles. I have used my StreetFinder lll with my last 3 vehicles and each year can get a new software map to keep it up to date.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.