Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a little backround on my issue: When I bought my LR3, there was no power coming to the radio head, and after having it looked at by the dealer, they told me I needed to replace the entire radio head unit. (of course) I ended up opening up the radio, and I found a little area of corrosion on the circuit board, and decided to attempt to clean/repair the spot. Somehow I was able to get the radio to work, only to find no sound coming from my speakers :(((

Now for my current problem. After doing a hard reset, I did a little research on the topic, I decided to check my amp under the passenger seat. The first thing I noticed is a loose wire under my passenger seat. It comes from under the carpet beneath the passenger seat, and after throughly looking under the seat, I can't figure out what it goes to. I've attached some photos of it, so hopefully someone can help me figure out what this mystery wire connects to. Thanks! :wink
***Link to photos:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
525 Posts
There are several splices under the door wire runs that are notorious for falling apart. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the wiring diagram and explanations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys,

Same issue on my 2006 Disco 3. I'm located far in the south Indian Ocean (Reunion Island - France) and our LR dealer can't help (but ready to replace the complete audio system, sure). I've got the diff diagrams on the net, but my comprehension is poor....
A few months ago, I was able to repair a corroded wire causing problems with the doors remote. I found photos on the forum explaining wich wires had to be inspected, under this plastic cover by the passenger door (LH Disco, w're in France).
But unfortunately, I never found explanations for this "no sound" problem.
tlt, if you would be kind to send me your recipe....

Thanks a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.