Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
well ive now got me motor back. turns out it was the inlet pipe which feeds the compressor. it had a blockage somewhere so they renewed the whole pipe. just over £200 but cheaper than a compressor i supose

·
Registered
101 Posts
well ive now got me motor back. turns out it was the inlet pipe which feeds the compressor. it had a blockage somewhere so they renewed the whole pipe. just over £200 but cheaper than a compressor i supose
Always worth getting a second opinion...glad to hear you're back up and running.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm going to be rebuilding the exhaust valve on my compressor this weekend. I have a question that I haven't seen answered yet- does the entire car need to be jacked up to reduce any pressure on the compressor? I have access to a car lift if I need to (friend's shop), or I can jack it up at my house but I have not seen that question addressed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you're asking if you need to support the suspension whilst the compressor is removed then the answer is no. The valve blocks front and back will maintain the airbag pressure (unless you have other problems!). You may be able to get the compressor out from under without jacking or lifting but when I did mine, a lift was a great help on the old bones ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're asking if you need to support the suspension whilst the compressor is removed then the answer is no. The valve blocks front and back will maintain the airbag pressure (unless you have other problems!). You may be able to get the compressor out from under without jacking or lifting but when I did mine, a lift was a great help on the old bones ;-)

Thanks, that's exactly what was wondering. I assumed there was a check valve, but I wanted to make sure before I disconnected the lines.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello can you please help me i changed my compressor on my 2006 lr3 and the vehicle doesn’t want to go up at all do you know if theirs a trick or anything I had to do after i switched out the compressor. THE Dealership told me my compressor was worn out when they did a full diagnosis

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
very disco
1,951 Posts
Lol your input is helpful, but you’re responding to dead threads

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never mind found it:

the filter is behind the rear aft light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Feel like a low rider

So my suspension light came on about 2 weeks ago and there was no difference in the ride till a couple of days ago. I parked my 2006 LR3 in my drive way for 3 days and took off out of town. When I got in it Monday to go to work the car was dropped as low as it could possibly go and it was so bouncy I was being thrashed around the car like a bobble head. When I tried to adjust the cars height nothing happened, the lights on the knobs will not even light up. However, they will light up when I first start the engine but the car dings within 2 seconds and the height option lights turn off. I'm guessing it's my compressor that needs to be replaced?? Yes, I'm a girl. I admit I don't know much about cars but I can fix just about anything what comes with instructions including my lift gate! Just want to make sure these are the right instructions for my issue. Thank you and please don't make fun of me, my head already hurts from all the bouncing around driving home from work. :)
I Have one to am a Female with the same problem. Right now I am going to get R7 Suspension Compressor module relay and F3(5A) Suspension Control and or F35 (5A) Suspension Control module

·
Registered
657 Posts
When you get your 3 back up, and if your 3 has a Nav display, it probably has a "page" that shows the four wheels and drive train. I have used that display page as a diagnostic aid to help figure out what might be wrong with the air suspension. The display shows the individual vertical movement of each of the four wheels, or not!

Sometimes when the air system goes down or will not rise up, the problem is not the compressor but instead something to do with the wiring to each of the four wheels. I find something like a curb maybe 6 inches high and orient the 3 such that I can drive each wheel one at a time up onto the raised area and then back down, one wheel at a time. You should see significant vertical movement re that wheel on the display and perhaps a small amount of vertical or downwards movement on some of the others.

Do that for each wheel. If you get movement displayed for each of the wheels, then probably the suspension system wiring to each of the wheels is OK. If one or more wheels shows no movement on the display when you drive it / them up onto something, then that suggests a wiring problem to one or both wheels.

For the most part, I find figuring out air suspension problems mostly trial and error - lots of error.

Below is a link related to the air suspension system - one of the files is a block diagram of the air system that you can print out - the line drawing can be helpful.

Below is a link to a whole series of files related to problems and solutions re the 3.
DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - Home > Member Galleries > bbyer

This is a pdf showing the air suspension wiring - it is one of the many files within the link above.

Reactions: tlt and Enaidabey

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you get your 3 back up, and if your 3 has a Nav display, it probably has a "page" that shows the four wheels and drive train. I have used that display page as a diagnostic aid to help figure out what might be wrong with the air suspension. The display shows the individual vertical movement of each of the four wheels, or not!

Sometimes when the air system goes down or will not rise up, the problem is not the compressor but instead something to do with the wiring to each of the four wheels. I find something like a curb maybe 6 inches high and orient the 3 such that I can drive each wheel one at a time up onto the raised area and then back down, one wheel at a time. You should see significant vertical movement re that wheel on the display and perhaps a small amount of vertical or downwards movement on some of the others.

Do that for each wheel. If you get movement displayed for each of the wheels, then probably the suspension system wiring to each of the wheels is OK. If one or more wheels shows no movement on the display when you drive it / them up onto something, then that suggests a wiring problem to one or both wheels.

For the most part, I find figuring out air suspension problems mostly trial and error - lots of error.

Below is a link related to the air suspension system - one of the files is a block diagram of the air system that you can print out - the line drawing can be helpful.

Below is a link to a whole series of files related to problems and solutions re the 3.
DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - Home > Member Galleries > bbyer

This is a pdf showing the air suspension wiring - it is one of the many files within the link above.
Thank You and I will do that. You and Your Beautiful Family Enjoy Yall Day 😇

101 - 115 of 115 Posts