Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 LR3 SE V6 w/Coils & 2008 LR3 SE V8 on 33’s
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Rover owners and mechanics, Wanted to share a few finds on Amazon that helped me out in repairing the air suspension on the 2008 LR3.

During my install of the Lucky8 SYA kit I hit a few snags in dealing with older airlines and the brass voss fittings. Not L8's fault at all, just messing with old parts on a lovely old rover.

The brass fittings that thread down into the strut assembly are shipped with new struts, they are called VOSS connectors and used in many industrial pneumatic applications. But if you have ever had one fail, or in my case fall apart when taking it loose, they can be really tricky replacement parts to find. I've heard that the San Antonio TX LR Dealer has them to sell, but not one of the 4 Dallas Area dealers even had a part number to look up, they of course suggested replacing the strut. So helpful.

So down the long rabbit trail of searching on line for a fit. I knew from Lucky8 (Thanks Eric!!) that the air lines are a M6 or 6mm outside diameter.

I found these on Amazon: RMT LR00-A319-AD4U Made by Rebuild Master Tech. They are a perfect fit in all my LR3 air suspension connections that are threaded. Hallelujah!

Now, the fewer connections the better, but sometimes you may need to repair a line and splice a new section in, at least temporarily, and these little guys fit perfectly as well... and yes they are 1/4" fittings but trust me they hold the pressure on the 6mm lines just fine. Straight Pneumatic Connector

Heres the only item I'm going to re-source, but it does work: 1/4 Pneumatic Air Line It is just slightly larger outer diameter than true 6mm hose. Had my rover not been taken apart and sitting on stands waiting for this, I would have not used it... but I did use it and it works great. The only thing is when seating it in the VOSS connectors, it takes a bit more force. And the real kicker... it will NOT spin or rotate in the fitting, so screwing the fitting into the valve block or the strut requires back-loading an opposite direction in order to then forward spin the hose and fittings into the proper spot. Again, not ideal, but in a pinch it worked.

Once again debunking the theory that the air suspension is too hard or too expensive to maintain and maintain well. Now I have extra parts and bits on hand to keep it afloat another 200k miles.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good advice....I have a length of hose and those snap-on fittings as well. Built myself an emergency kit before going up to the Yukon in 2014.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Arnott's new back swagger for the 05-16 Land Wanderer Revelation LR3, LR4 and 2006-2009 Territory Meanderer Game is new and not remanufactured. This post-retail Land Meanderer substitution swagger is planned and gathered in the USA.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts