Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 LR3 and the top radiator hose keeps blowing off from the upper radiator gooseneck. This happens randomly every 4-6 months. I've replaced the expansion tank, thermostat, thermostat housing, expansion tank cap and the upper radiator hose and clamp trying to figure this out. It randomly blows off while driving, we put it back on and spend the next 2 hours bleeding the system to get all the air out then it runs just fine for months until it blows off again. Is anyone else having the same issue and are there any thoughts to what could be causing this or could help prevent it? The oil looks good so it appears not to be a head gasket.

Thanks

·
very disco
661 Posts
Are there any extenuating circumstances during blow-off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2005 LR3 and the top radiator hose keeps blowing off from the upper radiator gooseneck. This happens randomly every 4-6 months. I've replaced the expansion tank, thermostat, thermostat housing, expansion tank cap and the upper radiator hose and clamp trying to figure this out. It randomly blows off while driving, we put it back on and spend the next 2 hours bleeding the system to get all the air out then it runs just fine for months until it blows off again. Is anyone else having the same issue and are there any thoughts to what could be causing this or could help prevent it? The oil looks good so it appears not to be a head gasket.

Thanks
Are there any extenuating circumstances during blow-off?
No, just happens at random when driving around town. Once it happened when we were off road trying to get up a steep snowy slope but every other time it’s just around town. We’ll smell the coolant or the low coolant light will come on and the temperature will spike or the engine will rev loudly. We’ll pull over immediately and find the top hose either all the way off or almost off. Probably happens upon acceleration but it’s never been anything harsh, we drive it pretty conservatively. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts