Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would first like to say Thanks to anyone who takes time to read my post. I'm gonna start by giving you the history of my current problem. I have a 05 LR3 and I have been getting the first signs of needing to replace my battery, HDC Faults that would clear. Then while on my way back from vacation I went to crank my vehicle and nothing, no clicking just a little click coming from the glove box that you could barely hear. So being stuck I had to get a battery that was recommended by Oreiley's. I installed the battery and my LR3 cranked like a new one no HDC faults. Then I go to the gas station and cut it off and bam same issue before, nothing so I unhooked the battery cables and then It cranks. So I drove straight home, 4 hour trip didn't stop everything running normal no falsely codes. As soon as I pull in my drive way I cut my rover off and tried to crank it and it fired up no problems so I cut it off and tried again and it did the same thing as before not starting. I noticed my security lights flashing, so I thought maybe its a bad battery took battery back and It tested bad. They gave me another battery took it home hooked it up and nothing, so I thought maybe another bad battery took it back and it tested bad. They gave me my money back after that and I purchased H8 Interstate battery got home same issue not starting and my caution lights are flashing no clicking just powers off. I'm thinking it may be the security immoblizier? I tried a hard reset nothing, tried spare key nothing, checked all relays nothing? Please help!!! Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

UPDATE!!! I got my LR3 to crank by adjusting my security immobilizer relay. Everything ran good took it down the road about 2 miles and then I heard the doors lock and unlock then my nav. went out and then my ac went out? I was able to keep driving my caution lights automatically came on, my turn signals didn't work but brake lights worked. I checked my alternator was good. Any Ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Probably worth getting the codes read. The most common failure is the hood open sensor. This can be disabled, I don't recall how. Although I would most likely replace it if it is bad. I'm not sure what else you might have going on yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.