Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Heather | 2012 LR4 HSE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Problem: High pitched whistle coming from behind the glove box (firewall) only when decelerating or coming to a stop. Sounds like a tea kettle whistle. I looked up what it could be and scoured the forums but could only find these symptoms related to Range Rovers. I called the Land Rover dealership in my area and they suspect it MIGHT be the heating and air fan going bad?

Can anyone please advise? I dont want to spend $300 on a part that doesnt need replacing. Thank you!!:grin

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are kinda right....especially this time of year when the ambient air gets dry, the bushing in the blower will "chirp" at certain angles. It is annoying, but I am not sure I would describe it as "going bad". The blower is still functional and isn't in danger of going out, it is just reminding you that it is back there. I haven't heard of any quick fixes. I usually just adjust the speed and it will go away, adjust again when it starts up again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.