Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a low profile roof rack for the LR4?

The stepped roof makes flat racks already look a bit high, not sure I like the look.

Rhino seems to be pretty good but the risers make it really stand up high. Wonder if there are different risers than the locking ones they provide.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the look of that Pro-speed. I see though it says "requires short roof rails", I have the long ones, think I'd have to get short rails or could I just remove the extended portion?

One thing I like about the Rhino rack is how much metal there is on top. I get a lot of hail at my office in the spring, a big metal rack will likely make me feel better about incoming storms. However I'd prefer less weight and road noise.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
You can add the floor panels to the Pro-Speed which would probably offer a fair amount of protection.

Not sure on the extended vs short rails but I would guess if you remove the extension you would be good to go.

I love the look of the prospered and the way it hugs the roof is awesome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that prospeed is probably the best looking one I've seen for the LR4.

I'm also leaning towards something I can take on and off easily, Rhino racks, especially the shorty ones, seem to meet that, but man I still think they're ugly.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Once mounted in my world it stays lol they are to annoying to move around

1 - 6 of 6 Posts