Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the horn (what the heck does that mean??? :shifty: ) with the Publisher of Land Rover Lifestyle Magazine, Doug Evilsizor. He informed me that the first issue of the magazine is in the final stages of printing, being bound, and will be mailed the first week of Jan. 2006 from Chicago. All of you who put in for a free issue (during the promotion I ran) will be getting yours.

Those of you wanting to subscribe can do so here:

Land Rover Lifestyle Magazine

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Thanks for the update, I was starting to wonder.
Look forward to this new magizine,
Thanks
Mike J.

· Registered
6,776 Posts
Thanks for the update. I was starting to wonder as well....

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
x2...on both. Thanks again serg for the special.

I just hope its got lots of off-road stories like the old LR Journal magazines and not a whole bunch of crap. I just hope, since its "lifestyles", it wont be jam-packed with tons of ads and stories for cigars and wine, suits and dress everything, golf, etc. ...stuff that I have no interest in....that might sound selfish but when was the last post that asked what kind of dress shoes should I buy?

2,687 Posts
dress shoes... now that you mention it! :)

Nah, I think this magazine will be good.. the editor made it out to MAR this year and took a crapload of pics... It seems as if he is making a lot of effort to deal with Serg also.. If it's crap, then we need to make it better.

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you will all be pleasantly surprised based on my conversations with the publisher.

4,346 Posts
SERGG!!!!

I got my magazine today. This message NEEDS to get to the founder of LRL, Mr. Douglas E. Evilsizor....Tell him, THANK YOU!!! As a Designer/Photographer/LREnthusiast/Outdoorsman, this is THE Magazine I've been looking for. I'm grateful that I held off subscribing to the others. The quality of the content, the images, and the physical magazine is OUTSTANDING!!! Again, tell that man THANK YOU, and SERG, THANK YOUU for getting us this free sample! My 2 year subscription is happening on another explorer window as I type this! I can't thank you and the Mr. Evilsizor enough! This magazine is gonna go places!!!

"We're goin to the top!"​

-Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet!! I have not gotten mine yet, but that is good to hear.

This site should get some mention in his next issue..

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Thanks for the update...... Was wondering what happened!!

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funrover said:
Thanks for the update...... Was wondering what happened!!
Nothing "happened"... guys the mags were mailed out the first week of January... keep in mind that they go at a special rate to keep costs down. This can take up to 7-10 days to get to you.

· Magicly Delicious
1,019 Posts
beggers can't be choosers. Thanks again Serg. I was a bit sceptical at first, but thatnks to this tread, I'm really looking forward to this. Perfect timing for my Four Wheeler subscription to run out, eh?

· Banned
907 Posts
As mentioned on Dweb, the mag only features 1 1/2 pages of the MAR event. This is the largest event in NA! It's only worthy of 1 1/2 pages????

I think this Mag is going to Cater to the "AOA Adventure" type crowd; which is fine, I guess. It's just really not what I was looking for. I'd rather see Land Rovers climbing rocks, rolling over, wheelie pulling, or mud throwing, than I would just seeing them on some tame fire road or access trail to a fishing spot.

I'd like to see INTENSE interviews on WHY THE HELL land rover will not make a capable, fully "modable" (No IFS/IRS) truck. Why is there no NAS Defender? Clearly, there IS a market. Hell, people buy a new defender, ship it in, and call it a 1972 just to have one...

Land Rover once stood for something. It was a tough truck with many uses, and very good off-road capability. This magazine just reinforces the pansy asses who buy an LR3/RR4 because it's a "Land Rover" and the thing never sees a farm, mud, or is never loaded down for a weeks camping trip in the middle of no where. I'd like to see a LR3/RR4 follow the same course as one of the Camel Trophy events.....But I guess that's not a "Lifestyle". :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.