Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright....took me around 1.5 hours to make what I have...and it isnt much...its still not complete. The marjority of the time speant was finding LR pics of/from members.....but I ran short. Low quality pics/icons....light editing, no pic editing......makes me think why it took me so long?

Well anyway, since I spent the time I figured I would post it.....hehe.....btw, dont get your hopes up;

LRO THEME VIDEO- Full Version

*Edit* The full version is now complete

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
It's beautiful! I love it! One and a half hours?! I'll give you credit for a good video theme though. Cool stuff!

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
keptin said:
thanks....hehe...I dont even think its one and a half minutes.
A second shy of a minute. Still cool.:cool:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Dude that was sweet...:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: ...You need to make a another one.......That was awsome....I love it!!!!!! You rock man!!!

Thanks for putting my rover and my Girlfriend at the begining..That was awsome.............

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Yeah and incorporate some Rovers off roading somewhere in the mud or on the rocks. That would be awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Video #5 on my sig is the mud one....that stuff was thick. I could add some of these.....It took me long enough to find the pics I did.....I probably wont finish it, but it would be fun for one of our flash members to take it flash....take the song that is. That was the part I liked about it that made me want to make a sample.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
I especially liked your Compilation Video. You should make another one with you and your buddies, and make the theme like another off roady type of theme. Use a song from Green Day or something. I wish I could make vid. Makes me want to make my own Comp. Vid.! Cool stuff dude!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will probably make a new one after the blackrock and (if I go) Mendo XII trips.....these I will bring my video camera at....an perhaps my friend will bring his. We use shots from both cameras and its really great...twice as many shots for the same thing. My compilation video is now pretty dated....there isnt even a part in it where my bumper is cut, and I did that back in early November I believe...somewhere around then.

You can make your own, but it gets pretty slow if you have a slow comp. Im running an AMD 64bit 2400+ chip and a ["bank for your buck"] MSI (nVidea platform) 6900XT.....my gaming comp is a bit outdated now also...but it still kicks plenty ass....plus....there are not any games out there that I cant play on all high video settings with...(though I prefer medium/high for loading times). I was thinking of getting a 10k RPM raptor drive....then no more loading time :D

I use windows movie maker.....because I am lazy to learn a new one. I have Adobe Premiere pro for once I decide to become un-lazy.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Everytime I watch one of keptins video's I want t make my own especially the rovernubia one..That has to be my favorite!!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hehe...I like that one too...glad others do...took me near 3 hours. It was the first vid I did with only pictures....I was fairly anal when it came to getting everything perfect.

Using windows movie maker is tough...its a bad program despite it being easy to use. After the video gets beyond a certain length your the program will start freezing up.....it depends on the video card, but its pretty bad for everyone I've tried it with.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
keptin said:
You can make your own, but it gets pretty slow if you have a slow comp. Im running an AMD 64bit 2400+ chip and a ["bank for your buck"] MSI (nVidea platform) 6900XT......
Yeah i have to use either my friend's laptop or my mom's that she recently got for Christmas. I do have a digital vid. camera that came with software, made by Sony. I guess I'll get to work later on. :buttrock: I still yet have to post pics of my RRC.:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its that Dazzle software right?? Man....I didnt have the patience to figure it out. Adobe Premiere Pro is awesome....you can do some incredible stuff with it......thing is, it takes plenty learning. Btw...for the record....I never regret spending the money on my comp....I go through some PITA problems sometimes, but since im a geek first and an off-roader second I can work on it. Built it myself....its my pride and joy, only dwarfed by my rover....which is that same pride and joy 100 fold.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Wow.. very nice! I like it.. and I can feel for you as far as time goes.. I am editing some film at work, actually re-editing something I had edited already. It's taking a L-O-N-G time.. cause our software/machine is crap... Casablanca... ugh... 4 years old, but video editing is not our business, and our "company" has budgetary restraints...

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
almost makes you want to buy a new one for yourself just to bring it in....I know mine would be in there by now.....fully aluminum case (hehe like the rover)....I take it to lan parties at friends.... nice and light. Ive got a friend with an static-protected gaming case....case itself is heavy as frick....mine I think is 11 lbs?

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
keptin said:
hehe...thanks

perhaps if I get more pics Ill finish it....the pics took the most time to get.
Keep on doin' it!:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.