Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the clutch assembly on the LT95? The clutch pedal went to the floor on boxing day and was then operating on the last inch of travel and then nothing.......I pulled the slave cylinder off and it was dry but the clutch fork can be pulled easliy towards you about 2 inches of travel (against the direction of the action of the slave cylinder.......if you know what I mean) and if you placed your thumb over the slave cyl port it holds air pressure. So, my initial thoughts were that it could be the master cylinder seals.......but the clutch fork (pivot's fine) doesn't seem right to me! Being new to this Landrover lark (Alfa clutches only so far) I wasn't sure if the release bearing end of the clutch fork should be constrained horizontally by the release (thrust) bearing or not........can anybody please shed any light (the assembly drawing in the shop manual's pretty poor!)?
Also, if you reckoned it was the release bearing i.e. it shouldn't have that much play, I've been reccommened to take the engine out rather than the box as that's the easier route........does this sound right? It was by a Landrover mechanic I trust, but I don't fancy wrestling with the V8 to be honest!

Hope you can help!

Neil

·
Registered
76 Posts
The clutch fork could quite possibly have snapped... :bawling: which would mean out with the engine... or move the gearbox back, to change it, along with the rest of the clutch... i am only suggesting this, it is impossible to tell for definate... but plenty of clutch forks have been known to snap on land rovers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts