Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around under my disco for some lube points, i couldn't find any.... could this be true? i highly doubt it. Could someone point me to the grease nipples?

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
On a DII you got none,,, it's all "Life-time lube". We'll have to see what that actually means over time,,, Change your oil religiously, adhere to scheduled maint. (the 60k is a big'un), and Rover is saying you'll be ok. Even the diffs are in 'lifetime' synthetic... if a '99 is anything like later D2 models. Keep your fingers crossed.

· Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
SCSL said:
On a DII you got none,,, it's all "Life-time lube". We'll have to see what that actually means over time,,, Change your oil religiously, adhere to scheduled maint. (the 60k is a big'un), and Rover is saying you'll be ok. Even the diffs are in 'lifetime' synthetic... if a '99 is anything like later D2 models. Keep your fingers crossed.

Diff. lifetime lube ? That is ridiculas .

I drained that NASTY oil out of it and filled it with Mobil 1 synt. gear lube like it said in the book . Those magnets on the drain plugs where cacked with shavings . they were 3x biger then the magnet .

Oh and U joints have greasible fittings on my Disco II 1999 . I also think it might have grease fittings on the ball joints . But not sure .

As soon I got it home . my dad went under it and packed all the joints that had fittings full of grease . We had to put a new tube into the grease gun :eek: . And i think the stearing boll joints have the fittings on them and they were DRY .

· Registered
61 Posts
TsiArt said:
Diff. lifetime lube ? That is ridiculas .

I drained that NASTY oil out of it and filled it with Mobil 1 synt. gear lube like it said in the book . Those magnets on the drain plugs where cacked with shavings . they were 3x biger then the magnet .

Oh and U joints have greasible fittings on my Disco II 1999 . I also think it might have grease fittings on the ball joints . But not sure .

As soon I got it home . my dad went under it and packed all the joints that had fittings full of grease . We had to put a new tube into the grease gun :eek: . And i think the stearing boll joints have the fittings on them and they were DRY .
I would like to do this, do you have any instructions or pictures of what you are talking about? thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.