Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding I have a number of bad lug nuts. On some, the stainless covers falls off. On some, the washer is missing. On others, the steel nut under the stainless cover has rusted and swollen the cover to the point that I can't get a lug wrench on. Changing a tire with these is a labor of Hercules. I'm looking at a whole new set, but it is pricey at $150 and up.

Is there an alternative to these factory lug nuts? I looked in the Gorilla catalog but didn't see anything clearly compatible.

This is a 2000 Discovery II. Those lugs are 14mm x 1.5 thread, right?

On an unrelated note, I have a set of 4 factory wheel locks in their fancy little box (minus the latex gloves), but the key is missing. Is there a way to get just a replacement key?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a new set at napa pretty cheap when I added new rims, but If you are still using factory rims then you probably need the land rover lug nuts.

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
I wonder if something like this would work.

14x1.5 lug nuts

I have a set I just purchased from this same seller for my Lexus LX 470. I would be more than happy to take whatever measurements you'd like to compare them to your stock lug nuts. I know the size socket these take is much smaller than the stock Disco lug nuts, but the other measurements may be the same.

Colin

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw the Toyota lug nuts in the Gorilla catalog, but wondered if the washers were the correct size.

Yes, like all or most hub centric wheels, the LR factory alloys need "standard mag type" lug nuts with washers because they bear on the flats.

I saw the used parts on eBay and am considering that option.

Thanks, all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.