Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to the forum and new to a 1995 RRC LWB.

Long story short: got the truck home fine from the seller; motor ran strong the whole 105 miles. No issues restarting after stopping, etc.

Went to fire the truck up the next morning (we got some surprise snow overnight and it was about 30F that morning) and it had a slightly longer crank before it turned over. When it turned over the CEL light came on and the ECU reader showed code 14 for a coolant sensor fault.

I've replaced both the sensor and the wiring harness for it to no avail.

I disconnected the battery and was able to clear the CEL and the 14, but as soon as I fire the truck up it throws 14 again.

Truck seems to run fine up to temp, but if it's turned off while it's warm it won't restart until the motor cools.

I'm assuming this is due to the ECU not getting correct data about engine temp and not providing the correct fuel mix to the motor.

Anyone have experience with this or any thoughts on what besides the sensor might cause code 14?

Cheers!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.