1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't figure this out!!
First off 04 130K ran fine before this
Now no drive indicator by dash and m&s flashing
Thought it may be xyz switch. Changed it and still the same.
Checked grounds and ran new grounds from battery
Had the alternator checked and changed battery.
Why is there no indication of which gear I'm in on the dash? It just disappeared
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

04 SE7 95K
04 SE 130K

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
M&S lights flashing are indicative of a bad battery, bad XYZ switch, bad transmission ECU, or a failing transmission. Considering you've already done the first two, I'm leaning towards bad ECU/bad trans, but before you throw parts at it get a scanner and read the codes.

The car should be throwing a code - get the code read and come back to us with the results.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had similar issues last week and now she's stalling on me when she gets up to temp.
No faults showing and no other warnings except the occasional knock sensor fault. I swapped out the knock sensor, but that didn't fix it. Going to swap out the crank sensor tonight.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Do you have any fault code numbers, if so what are they?
Is the tranny shifting properly?

·
Registered
356 Posts
i have no faults of any kind and tranny shifts fine.
when my m&s lights were on i was getting a knock sensor fault code. currently i have no faults or lights, but she just turns off after she gets up to temp.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Need actual fault code numbers to be able to help you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My disco is still at the shop where I had the alternator checked but I will advise tomorrow with codes. I am also leaning to bad tcu or bcm maybe? I have noticed some weird things since this started like the truck not restarting after turning key to off then back on. I have to lock doors and unlock with key fob for it to start. It doesn't shift, it's in limp mode and as I said no gear indicator shows at all on the dash.

·
Registered
356 Posts
as for mine.. i swapped out the cps last night and my 20 minute test drive was a success.
i'll driver her around some more this evening, but i think she's cured. for now ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.