Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2000 TD5 auto, 138k on the clock, driving it to my work to check it over pulled up to a junction and m and s lights started flashing and engine light came, no throttle response at all, engine idling fine. Switched off a couple of times still on, switched off for a bit longer and it was fine, drove it for quite a distance with no issues, gave the car a quick check over at work, on the drive home exactly the same happened, once switched off was fine, seems to be heat related. I have looked at other posts but none seemed to be while driving along. Any ideas please. Simon

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Get us the fault code numbers and have someone checking the charging system with everything on at idle, voltage needs to be between 13.6 and 14.4 volts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will check charge rate, battery condition and cables, just couldn't get my head round why it happened when driving and only the once per journey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked battery and charge rate today, all ok, read codes off, top two codes were crank sensor related so will probably get one ordered, car has driven fine for last two days. The battery is 95ah, should I get bigger?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Next time give us the fault code numbers, not your interpertaion of what they are.
What was the battery charge rate at idle with all power on, not it checked OK?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our code reader didn't give any codes, just descriptions, crank noisy signal, charging 13.8 volts fully loaded at idle.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
If you don't figure it out, go have someone else read the code numbers, then send me your number and I'll call you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts