Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting p1412, p1415, p1171, and p1174 on a new-to-me 2003 Discovery that had a head gasket job about 10,000 miles ago (when it belonged to my brother).

How can I narrow this down?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
It is not running fine, both banks are running lean and both SAI valves or hoses are leaking or not working.
How mechanical are you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not running fine, both banks are running lean and both SAI valves or hoses are leaking or not working.
How mechanical are you?
I should have said that aside from a tiny bit of oil around the valve covers, it "seems" to be running fine. No hesitation or anything, and high 15s for mpg.

I'm pretty decent mechanically. I'm not going to tear down an engine or anything but as long as I have decent instructions from RAVE or something I can hold my own, and I'm very interested in doing my own work and learning more. I've psyched myself up to attempt the three amigos fix this Sunday.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Do you have a 3 amigo scanner or something similar, if not, you will be wasting your time.
Your lean burn is the most important issue to deal with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it scanned by a local independent land rover garage. The error is a shuttle valve switch electrical failure.

In any case, I want to deal with the other problems first, I just need some guidance on what to do and check for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts