Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone out there subscribes to any Land Rover magazines. If so which one is the best. I have been on the Land Rover Monthly site and I was wondering if the articles would pertain to things in the US or is it just about the UK. I also don't know if I could fork out $75 to $80 for a magazine. I would like to start learning more about my Disco and I thought this would be a good way to do that and also get some knowledge on doing some mods.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have looked at all that are available (LRM,LRO,LRE) in my area and there is very little US material. They usually have a US news section of some sort, and occasionally a US related article, but 98% of it is UK related stuff. Most of the mod's are for UK models and the stuff is not avaialble in the US. If you are a true enthusiest, there are lost of articles on different Rover creations etc. They are not worth a subscription IMO, but I spend the $8.00 once and while just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I find it's cheaper just to pick up the occasional mag when an article peaks my interest. My favorite is LRO but they all have good points. I also have a friend in the UK that will grab them in used book stores for 'pence on the pound' and ship over a care package every few months. I really can't justify an $80/year subscription.

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
I subscribe to LRE and find their tech sections very helpful.They also have a realy good north American section headed up by the former head of Land Rover America. I occasionaly pick up LRO when they have something of intrest.

·
4,576 Posts
hmm...I would certainly want to help out if you guys are thinkin of startin a US LR Mag. I can design, edit, write, photogragh, and i know quite a few printers...Anyone else interested? Wouldnt that mean that we would have Dibs on test drives on new LR models and an insight into future plans???? :D I'm TOTALLY down!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I have subscribed to LRE since it first came out. I will pick up LRWorld, and LROwners occassionally. I think LRMonthly is not worth it. I agree that the tech articals are better in LRE, and it gives reasonable cover to the US, as well as AU ans SA. Agreed that it is an expensive reading room mag, but I get it for Xmas from my kids now. Any one of the 4 beat pants off any american 4x4 mag.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
LRM has some good US coverage. The editor is in the PA area and has done a great job in covering most of the events in the US and tech articles.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You can subscribe to the LRM -North American ed.

Covers many US club outings, trips, etc. has good tech sections, too.

I think it runs about $65 a year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.