Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, and Gals (Trish, Erica, and BigBootyMama..lol)

I recieved GREAT news today. I have been given a big time raise!!! In addition to that! I got my dad into the whole offroading thing sooo....

With my dad's help (and monetary help that he willingly wants to put in) I'm going to be restoring my truck back to its ORIGINAL Glory, with genuine LR Parts. Except for the 2" SR Lift, and the OME Damper thats already on there, It'll be equipped with LR Accs. like the Brushguar, an SD Rack. And instead of M/Ts, A/Ts! The rest will all be restored. Starting with a paintjob, and new wheather stripping for the "aquarium" windows (<my friends call them that ) and fixing the common rust at it's corners. I'll be fixing EVERY little detail so that EVERYTHING works! Then this baby will be my life-long daily driver!

THEN....

With the new income.......

I'll BE LOOKING INTO A DEFENDER!!!!!

So while I'm doing the restoration, I'll be doing TONS of research and shopping!

I know I can be a cheap bastard at times so for this, I have a plan B incase I decide to back out of a deal....instead of a Defender, a white Disco that I'll rig up stricly for Expeditions and Offroading.

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

I hope Serg forgot that I told him I'd be getting him a NAS 110

·
2,986 Posts
Congrats bro!! I was about to yell at your for spending money on stuff like paint and brush guards until I saw the defender! My review is on Sept. 1st and I hope its nice enough for me to buy a DD (audi tt or a4 probably), and then through GBR hd axles, arb lockers, and 4.11 gearing into the DII.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Right arm JC, congrats.

Maybe think about buying a small 3-4 bedroom and renting rooms out to your buddies.
Cash out a equityline in a year or two and buy the defender on your own terms.

Things I wish someone would have said to me ten years ago.

I am going to go pound a beer in celevration to your raise and extreme happiness my far away friend.

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stu454 said:
Congrats!

Extra money begets more Rovers, which necessitates more money, which begets more Rovers, which................................... :drink1:
HAHA...I know what you mean, I haven't spent money on myself since I got this thing..lolol.

There's also a red 68 Series 2dr that I've had my eye on, but the owner doesnt want to sell it even though he's left ig parked at the local gas station.

But a Defender...COMMON!!..LOL :buttrock:

·
2,986 Posts
Hailsharky said:
Maybe think about buying a small 3-4 bedroom and renting rooms out to your buddies.
Cash out a equityline in a year or two and buy the defender on your own terms.
Thats great advice, but unfortunately for me, my truck takes my money before I can think
:dunno:

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rmuller said:
Congrats bro!! I was about to yell at your for spending money on stuff like paint and brush guards until I saw the defender! My review is on Sept. 1st and I hope its nice enough for me to buy a DD (audi tt or a4 probably), and then through GBR hd axles, arb lockers, and 4.11 gearing into the DII.
In my excitement today, I IMMIDIATELY thought "NEW CAR"...I'm a big fan of BMW and Audi but I DO NOT like their recent designs in their entry level sedans...Front of 330 is ok, until you get to the Rear :rolleyes: Audi A4 :rolleyes:

So then I thought that I'd save the 67 Camaro for later in life since I want to get away from the musclecar/speed scene for a bit, but for now!...DEFENDER!!!..lol

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rmuller said:
Thats great advice, but unfortunately for me, my truck takes my money before I can think
:dunno:

Hek that's Awsome advice!!! That's been the in thing lately, everyone I know have been taken appraisal/realtor/i-dont-know-what courses and making good cash.

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
That is sooo sweet!! AND a Defender! Man you must be sooo happy!!! That was kinda the first thing I started to do with my Disco is bring it back to showroom beauty and working condition.

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for the defender...I would REEEEEAAAAALLLYYY like a green one with the white top, no matter if its a 110 or a 90, I'd actually prefer a 90. I'll settle for a white one though....hell I think I'd settle for a hot pink one if the price is right..lolol

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Ryan, I knew I had seen you somewhere else, I just made it towards the end ofthe Dweeb photo gallery section for DIIs and saw you there...I LOVE the look of the TJM bumpers on DIIs!!! FOr some reason they look best with your color Disco too....I've seen 3 others with the same set up at the front in that same color and look awsome!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Is it me, or does that Disco look cinniman colored...

·
2,986 Posts
01001010 said:
Hey Ryan, I knew I had seen you somewhere else, I just made it towards the end ofthe Dweeb photo gallery section for DIIs and saw you there...I LOVE the look of the TJM bumpers on DIIs!!! FOr some reason they look best with your color Disco too....I've seen 3 others with the same set up at the front in that same color and look awsome!
Yup! Thats me, here is a more recent pic;

Just took a dip in a little water pit and then drove around dusty trails, so its a bit dirty! But you're right, the White Gold color is great for any black accessories! Gotta do my rims next, either black steelies or just powdercoat/spray mine for now

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Sweet RED!! ;)

This is a little off-topic but in that second pic of the red Disco, what are those wires for??

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
VERY NICE!!....Blah...I know what you mean about the water and dust....its been rainin a lot down here, on top of that, I have to drive right infront of a cement place to get to work and the dust that comes off the ground from behind the cars in front of me later creates a thin crust. Before I started using Mothers for wax, I would have to scrub that thing off...now with the Mothers, it helps protect the already damaged/scratched paint and makes things easier on my elbow!

Say, is that John in the white disco ???

·
2,986 Posts
darkknight1999 said:
Sweet RED!! ;)

This is a little off-topic but in that second pic of the red Disco, what are those wires for??
They are limb risers (or bush wires in some areas).. they are designed to lift tree limbs off of your windshield, both for protection of the glass, and so you can see better. In NJ where we have a lot of dense trails, I use them all the time!

·
2,986 Posts
01001010 said:
Say, is that John in the white disco ???
Yeah, we went to Paragon AP this weekend, had 8 rovers there.. had a blast! Here's a pic of the group:

Frank, John C., Alvin, wforlini, scrum, myself, cboy, gadgetrick (most are from muddyoval.com)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.