1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
It's so funny you posted that! I was just on there...saw the link in another thread. I noticed that too. Lame. They are all limey's on there anyway (jk jk jk) :D Peace to UK Roverheads wherever you are! :drink1:
:drink1: :drink1:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not that it's what serge was trying to do i'm sure.. but I don't blame them for deleting the link and making comments. It shows it was his first post. Alot of sites make money by showing ad's and putting a link like that in the message board is like free advertising, and a waste of bandwidth for someone to only come on the board to advertise their own site. Perhaps putting a link to this site in your sig, and participating on the board is a better approach, or asking the owner of the site to put an ad for your site somewhere. It's better to ask first about something like that.

My .02. I just speak from experience on much larger forums.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Yeah I've tried to get a link on there once before by posting on his links section.. Simon threatened to SUE me if I emailed him again....:moon: This is not the first time he's acted like a sniveling baby towards me.. Whatever...

Serg

·
4,576 Posts
If they only knew how badass this forum is! :buttrock: But then again wouldn't want the whole world on here either, that's when things get out of control and just plain stupid. That's what i believe has happened with Dweb.

If it were die-hard enthusiasts like most of the people on here, everything runs smooth, the way this forum does...but when you have people who just bought land rovers and only sign on to ask a question about a prob they have (no offense to the ones that have done so so far because thats the way I started on here), and that they just so happen to be total asses, the smart-ass remarks, and insults and things of that sort begin to appear.

My .02

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
01001010 said:
If they only knew how badass this forum is! :buttrock: But then again wouldn't want the whole world on here either, that's when things get out of control and just plain stupid. That's what i believe has happened with Dweb.

If it were die-hard enthusiasts like most of the people on here, everything runs smooth, the way this forum does...but when you have people who just bought land rovers and only sign on to ask a question about a prob they have (no offense to the ones that have done so so far because thats the way I started on here), and that they just so happen to be total asses, the smart-ass remarks, and insults and things of that sort begin to appear.
Huh? Wattya mean you #*$%&!)*(#($*%&*#)*)(#_)@(*)%*@$&@#(@#*$%)(*$)@($ ~~ !!! :D :D :D Yes LRO does indeed ROCK :buttrock:

·
Registered
590 Posts
JC,

funny thing. I was just drinking a coors and reading the UK posts on difflock after clicking on the not nice link here.
LOL
those guys are so bitter, like a bunch of Evil Benny Hills. (I loved Benny Hill GTW!)
yeah, I have no opinion. In Website biz, I guess its eye for an eye or everyman for himself????.........

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I think that the problem with larger forums is that the old time members sort of bond. They also get tired answering the same questions, and who better to savage than a newby.

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Dif Lock

:mad: :mad: :mad: I believe I have met you at the sodbury sort out.Sorry our oppinions do not match.My comments still stand.It's not my fault your parents are cousins mate. This is a pleasant forum with like minded people-you don't seem too pleasant to me. Have a nice day-

YOU= :bawling:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Response

Firstly, and just for the record, I wasn't at The Sodbury Sortout last year and I have never owned a mitsubishi in my life. My last 4 vehicles have all been Land Rovers.

And just to respond to the 'not very nice' comment. When Serg first set up this web site he started spamming every 4x4 email he could get hold of. we received quite a few of them. We politely asked him to stop sending us emails. He didn't stop and we received many more. He also tried to promote this web site for free on our forum even though it is clearly stated in our terms and conditions AND on the 'post a message' page that it is not permitted.

At that point I reminded him of the laws regarding spam emails and asked him not to use our forum for free advertising.

It seems he either has a very short memory or just plain couldn't care less about what we think because he's now tried to promote this forum AGAIN on our site.

yieldsign2 is correct in his comments above. Why should we spend 5 years building up a succesful business with a very popular forum and allow people like Serg to take advantage of our hard work for his own benefit. Especially as we have asked him not to do it in the past.

I don't expect this message to stay for long but I thought I should respond to the unfair assumptions made.

And finally to Series 3 Guy, although you obviously made a mistake in thinking you met me, I'd be more than happy to discuss your thoughts on in breeding.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Ease up there, cuz,,,,

Wow, it seems the Brits can go after each other at least as good as the Yanks! Peace guys. We just love our Forum. To each his own.

By the way, the thing I like most about LRO is the # of UK, SA, & Aussie members. Due to the time difference, I know when I wake up there will be plenty to read from the folks overseas. :wave:

Mr. Diff Lock, lay off Serg, he's just trying to promote his forum & support LR culture in the US. I'm sure he gets your mssg.

One of the nice things about LRO vs some other forums is the relaxed tone. Newbies can come here w/out fear of being flamed. I'm going to have some coffee,,,Diff: go have some tea or whatever,,,and let's not take ourselves too seriously. We have enough of an uphill battle as LR enthusiasts w/ the direction of LR today,,,,gotta stick together. Besides, cross-site flaming is in poor taste, especially for Brits who are supposed to set the example for us ill-mannered Yanks :D :drink1: :drink1: :drink1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
To SCL, I wholeheartedly agree with what you say. No-one has ever been flamed on the Difflock.com forum just for being a newbie and no one has ever been flamed just for asking a question that has been answered before (unlike a lot of Land Rover forums)

We have managed to create a place where ALL 4x4 enthusiasts can gather no matter what vehicle they drive without all the flaming that goes on regarding Landrover vs Jeep vs Suzuki.

The problem we had with Serg was that we'd previously asked him to stop sending spam emails and we previously asked him not to use our forum for the sole purpose of promoting another web site. He chose to ignore our wishes and do it anyway.

If he'd approach us beforehand and explained that he was trying to get a forum going he may have had a different response. He would have also found out that we actually support quite a number of clubs and web sites and, in fact, we host other 4x4 web sites on our server, in many cases for free.

So why all the criticism just because we choose to enforce our clearly stated terms of use?

And if it would help to ease the resentment Series 3 Guy feels towards me personally I'll gladly buy him a pint at the Hogshead or the Coach and Horses in Beckenham.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
"And if it would help to ease the resentment Series 3 Guy feels towards me personally I'll gladly buy him a pint at the Hogshead or the Coach and Horses in Beckenham."

Perhaps it's a case of mistaken identity!

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
SWH said:
And if it would help to ease the resentment Series 3 Guy feels towards me personally I'll gladly buy him a pint at the Hogshead or the Coach and Horses in Beckenham.
Peace. All is right in the world of Roverheads. If Series doesn't take you up on that, in the odd chance I'm ever in Beckenham I'll look you up. :wave: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1:

(Now if I can just get that 'crisps' thing figured out,,,see "the lounge" :dunno: :) :D )

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
:)
SWH said:
To SCL, I wholeheartedly agree with what you say. No-one has ever been flamed on the Difflock.com forum just for being a newbie and no one has ever been flamed just for asking a question that has been answered before (unlike a lot of Land Rover forums)

We have managed to create a place where ALL 4x4 enthusiasts can gather no matter what vehicle they drive without all the flaming that goes on regarding Landrover vs Jeep vs Suzuki.

The problem we had with Serg was that we'd previously asked him to stop sending spam emails and we previously asked him not to use our forum for the sole purpose of promoting another web site. He chose to ignore our wishes and do it anyway.

If he'd approach us beforehand and explained that he was trying to get a forum going he may have had a different response. He would have also found out that we actually support quite a number of clubs and web sites and, in fact, we host other 4x4 web sites on our server, in many cases for free.

So why all the criticism just because we choose to enforce our clearly stated terms of use?

Simon-If I am wrong about who you are I owe you a rather large apology. There was a chap who claimed to be from Dif Loc who was messing around in the car park with his Mitsubishi and ran into my 90 causing alot of damage to my driver side wing. I abviously confronted him enquiring into who his insurance provider was and the like.He had no info on him so I got his details and where he worked.He told me his name was simon and ran the Dif Loc web site and because of that I should trust him. The story goes on and on.........the short of it is,I never got the person who actualy damaged my beloved 90 to pay up. I suppose a more disturbing aspect of this story is there is a clown out there telling people that his name is Simon and is involved with your site!!! If I got all this mixed up with who you are ,then I am very sorry and it sounds that I owe you a pint instead.Terribly sorry.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.