Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a Discovery with a cracked manifold. Been through this once before with all the fun of drilling out a broken bolt from the rear bottom passenger side manifold.

At the time I found a good deal on both set of manifolds. After changing out the passenger side, I have a hesistance to tackle the driver side.

My question is....

Has anyone used those Brazing Rods for repairing a cracked manifold without removing the manifold? The crack is on the top side and seems accessible from the top.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
you know we were replacing them under a recall a while ago. It involved and inspection of the passenger side manifold and then replacement.

If you want to weld a manifold you need to make a jig otherwise when you take it off you cant guarantee it will work in the first place.

I welded one on an old explorer. It held for a while though. Truck sat around for a year and sat again for another year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.