Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the last week or so underneath my 2003 4.6L disco 2. My major task was replacing the catalytic converters. On the passenger(R) side the studs to connect the cats and the manifold were a PITA to extract and replace. On restart I had a leak at this junction. I am obviously going to recheck everything, but I wanted to replace the studs with regular bolts and nuts. Questions:

Thread Pitch and size of the OEM studs?

Any reason why bolt/nut replacement can’t work? Just for ease of installation for this garage mechanic.

Thanks! I can’t find the measurements on the studs anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
very disco
2,740 Posts
I know this isn’t immensely helpful, but the big blue and orange hardware stores (at least in my hood) have these little kiosks with nut and bolt sizers… just trial and error until you find one you can screw into, then bam you’re in the know.

I do it all the time lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this isn’t immensely helpful, but the big blue and orange hardware stores (at least in my hood) have these little kiosks with nut and bolt sizers… just trial and error until you find one you can screw into, then bam you’re in the know.

I do it all the time lol
Yes, thank you for that. I have used those sizers in the past. I asked because the truck is on my lift at my work and I am at home so I was trying to avoid a second trip to get the bolts. I wanted to show up tomorrow morning ready to go! Just anxious to get finished! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
I drilled all of the through hole threads out and just used grade 8 nuts and bolts. got sick of studs constantly breaking. Zero issues since. I think i kept the stud on the one blind hole on the manifolds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts