Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fellow Landy Floridian is selling D1 and RRC Mantec Snorkels ...I think he's getting DIIs as well. It was the best deal I found so I have one in reserve. He's a trustworthy seller so anyone interested in these should definately look into this thread...

Go to Dweb and do a search for "Mantec Raised Air Intake Disco / Rangie"

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, I do too..lol...its like seeing a skin diver use a straw as a snorkel. But then again, I really cant stand how much the ARB ones take over the whole front left of the truck! its just too much.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
They look 'simple' which is really the most appropriate for the older boxy Rovers (Disco II and previous)
I have the Safari on my 04, but my wife's 04 (G4) is getting the Mantec because it's the only 'authentic' one for a G4. He's selling them so cheap, I can't imagine why he's selling them for so cheap- I doubt he's making enough of those to get a decent sized coffee.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
usually, getting Mantec to give a wholesale price is like trying to pull teeth from a tiger. he's getting it delivered to my house cheaper than I can buy 'em and bring them over myself... dunno how he does it, but I'm gettin one!

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same here man! Im actually putting off the purchase of my SR bumper for this! Although it is a good deal, I hate having to put other stuff off, specially a bumper, I've been bumperless for like 3 months now..lol But the Mantec is what I wanted so I cant comlpain.

·
Registered
159 Posts
01001010 said:
A fellow Landy Floridian is selling D1 and RRC Mantec Snorkels ...I think he's getting DIIs as well. It was the best deal I found so I have one in reserve. He's a trustworthy seller so anyone interested in these should definately look into this thread...

Go to Dweb and do a search for "Mantec Raised Air Intake Disco / Rangie"

could you put up a link?

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, my snorkel came in and is waiting for me in Orlando. Im headed up to meet up with Mr. Peters (the cool cat selling the snorkels) and he offered to help me install it. By next week, I'll have a brand spankin new snorkel on there..woohooo.....but still bumperless :bawling:

John, you have no idea man, no idea!..lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but snorkels isn't an option I'v researched yet. Does someone have a pic of what the mantec looks like on a D1? Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how it mounts to the air intake box? I've just installed a second optima battery, and it's blocking the front of my air box, and I know one of the snorkels mounts from the side, which would be perfect, but it's been a long time since I read anything on them. Is it the mantec?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ryan Roundy said:
Forgive my ignorance, but snorkels isn't an option I'v researched yet. Does someone have a pic of what the mantec looks like on a D1? Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how it mounts to the air intake box? I've just installed a second optima battery, and it's blocking the front of my air box, and I know one of the snorkels mounts from the side, which would be perfect, but it's been a long time since I read anything on them. Is it the mantec?

Thanks,
Ryan
This is a Mantec, a lot cleaner looking than the Safari Snorkel which you speak of...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.