Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been reading some stuff on here and heard from other people, but i'm not sure if i misunderstood. I've heard that there is some lever of some sort, or something like that, on the underbody or ontop of the axle, that locks your front and rear diff's. I know about the center diff. lock inside, but i was just wondering if you can lock your front/rear diff's as well. again, i'm a noobie so i could just be misinterpreting.

- AppStateDisco

· Registered
222 Posts
I think you're misinterpreting :)

On a standard Disco Series I, the only lock is the central lock operated by the Transfer Box Lever.

I think what you heard concerned the early Discovery Series IIs. These had the same gearbox setup as the Series I, but no Central Diff Lock control in the cab, because Land Rover reckoned the Traction Control System was more effective.

However, the actual locking mechanism for the Centre Diff was kept, so the vehicle could be used on single-axle 'rolling roads' during servicing. You had to get under the vehicle with a special tool to operate it.

Jack

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the correction mate.

- AppStateDisco

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.