Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 questions:
my 97 disco won't start....i thought it was the cylinoide on the starter...but thats not it...put a new starter in...checked all the wiring...still won't work....i mean it will start but it takes about half an hour of just turning the key....anybody have any idea whats goin on?

also...where is teh fuse for the air conditioning or fan...cause while i was messing with the wires i blew something cause my fan won't work :mad:

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
drewclare25 said:
cylinoide
WHOA, did you slaughter that, or what?

So about this SOLENOID, which is attached to the side of your starter, and does two things: engages the bendix, and activated the motor. Is the starter working but the engine does not start, or, does the starter not spin? In other words, is the engine cranking but not firing, or is it not even cranking?

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Assuming that your engine is turning over but not starting, you need to go back to when it was starting, and what you did. Have you played around with the spark plug or coil leads?
When you turn over your engine do you have a spark at the plugs?
If you have a spark, then you need to check that your fuel pump is working.
If you don't have a spark, get back to us for further instructions.

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i replaced the whole starter beacuse the solenoid (thanks) is attached to the starter and i called just about every place in the world and they don't come separatly. The starter spins, but not enough, it stops before the engine can turn all the way on. That's why i thought it was the solenoid

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Sounds like a timing issue to me..

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took it to the shop and it turns out that something with my alarm system went wrong, so it was triggering the fuel pump shut off. Thats why it wasn't starting all the way, and we burned up my starter in the process....since we kept trying it. It did start eventually, but that's because enough fuel finally got into the engine...I never woulda figured that out...alarm system and a blown starter...man i love my land rover

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.