Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to obtain a TD5 or TDI Defender 110 to drive about 100,000km - not in one trip, of course. Since I know absolutely nothing about the resource of this truck, can somebody give a rough estimate what is the maximum mileage to look at.

I KNOW that spedometer mileage can easily be faked AND that even if not faked, it doesn't tell all the truth about actual condition of the vehicle. But since I have to spend about 500Euro just to have a look at the vehicle (a trip from Estonia to Germany), it's good to know what mileage is too big to be worth a journey.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mileage

100,000 Kilometers equates to about 60,000 miles.
The 300TDi and TD5 motors are workhorses and will have no problem doing wll over 100,000 miles, or 160,000 KMS.
I have seen a 300TDi 110 that's done well over 200,000 miles with no major repairs needed.
Of course they do require periodic oil and filter changes to keep them ticking over happily.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought my 200Tdi at 65,000 miles (104,000 Km) and it is now at 138,000 miles (221,000 Km). No major problems over that period (5 years) except for a new fuel tank and a clutch. Try to get it AFTER it has had a new timing belt (if you can trust the proof).

·
Registered
238 Posts
My TD5 is at the 100,000 Km mark now and I am yet to have a problem apart from the starter motor (easy fix) and a small oil leak (what else would you expect). It runs just as well as the day i picked it up with 30,000km's on the clock. I love it, it's a motor that keeps on giving with out taking to much fuel, leaving me more for :beer: .
Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.