Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
I think it would depend on a number of things.Most important being how well it has been maintained.

I have 120,000 miles on my 97 Discovery and it runs like it's still new. As with ALL cars I am sure there will some that die very early and others that will run forever.

· Registered
209 Posts
You should check out the Range Rover heading. One of the threads is all about how many miles does your Rover have. I'm currently at 167,000-ish with my 1990 RR County, and it's still going strong.

Also, "rebuilt" is such a vague term. If you mean a rebuilt engine, well, maintenance is the key to avoid that. If you mean "I have replaced every moving, non-moving, lubricated, should be lubricated, electrical and grounded part on the thing except the steering wheel at least once" then yes, you might have to rebuild it.

· Registered
347 Posts
My 01' D2 had 133k on when totalled, aside from the usual problems I never had a valve job, no major work on motor, orig transfer case and transmission,original front and rear diffs/axles, etc., even had all original radiator hoses on it.

My 96' has 130 k on it. It did have a blown head-gasket when I bought it so I had that done and valve job, radiator, new water pump, new oil cooler and power steering hoses. No problems so far. (Had about 119k on it when I bought it). I'm not particularly worried about it. Should last a long time if maintained properly and not totally abused.

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Disco said:
It's very much like guessing how long anyone will live.

Saw a 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser 6 cyl Diesel with 1.1 mil km's on. No rebuild, same enjin, in daily use on a vegitable farm.

I am on 340 000 miles with one full rebuild at 335 000 Miles.(need to change my Signiture!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.