Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

I have a 2001 Disco ll. I just finished doing the head gasket. Also did the water pump and thermostat so the cooling system was completely flushed. The problem is when I run the engine the oil is going into the coolant not sure how or where. so the coolant turns milky very quickly. There is no coolant in the oil at all and the compression is fine at all cylinders. The engine does not overheat either. There are no signs of leaks any where. So I did a complete flush of the coolant again. And once again after starting the engine the coolant turns milky. Dont know where the oil is getting into the coolant. please help ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes I did do put RTV on the corners of the valley pan gasket to make sure it was sealed tight. That is the correct way to do it? yes no? I dont know what else to do? Maybe I should try the front timing cover gasket? Im not sure if the oil has a passage to the cooling system somewhere in that area?

Anyone please help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.