Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have 03 Disco 110K. I am getting a misfire on cylinder three. What I have noticed is the top of the plug is always wet. Right above number three are two black hoses that cary coolant and sure enough they are slowly leaking. Those two ends are using the regular band clamps that you can tighten with a screwdriver. The other ends seem factor. Both hoses are very stiff is that normal? My guess is the hoses are original. Should I replace them and if so what is the size? Can I use the regular hose clamps on both ends after I replace those hoses? At night I can see an electrical arch coming from wire three. I will be doing plugs and wires as well they have about 30K on them. I have no idea how anyone can get their hands backs to the coil so I am planning on taking off the plenum, any words of wisdom there? Thanks Matt

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
First go by a Rover pre-heater kit to fix the leak which is very common.
Who's plugs and wires do you currently have in the engine?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike, I have no idea about the current wires. I know they are 7mm. The leak is where the hoses connect. Do I still need to replace the pre-heater kit. Do you have a part number? What about those hoses should I replace them as well?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Go to Atlantic British, they have the replacement kit.
As for wires, make sure you switch out to 8 mm wires to get more voltage to the plugs, STI and Magnecor are a good choice

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike. I am going to remove the air intake manifold. Which gasket do I need. British Atlantic has two that pop up. Gasket - Intake Manifold Valley or the Inlet manifold gasket. They look very different. I am thinking about swapping out the coil while I am in there with a used low milage one of eBay. What do you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.