Premium Member
7,895 Posts
1. almost
2. nope
3. yes it's why I didn't order

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
You'll be paying at LEAST $1000 between shipping & import duties. Plus a little extra if to cover a customs broker. You could probably get "economy" shipping via boat but that'll still be a few hundred $$ and 6 weeks at sea, where it's likely to get pretty rough treatment.

Just stick to US-based vendors. There are at least a dozen different bumpers readily available and you can always pay a fab shop to make you whatever you want.

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
You'll be paying at LEAST $1000 between shipping & import duties. Plus a little extra if to cover a customs broker. You could probably get "economy" shipping via boat but that'll still be a few hundred $$ and 6 weeks at sea, where it's likely to get pretty rough treatment.

Just stick to US-based vendors. There are at least a dozen different bumpers readily available and you can always pay a fab shop to make you whatever you want.
$1,000 for what? The OP didn't even say what he was wanting to order. I don't think a wiring kit for a hitch would be $1,000 for shipping and import duties.

I've ordered parts from the UK and shipping wasn't bad. In fact, I got it delivered for cheaper than I could have purchased from a US vendor. The part I'm talking about was the ABS accumulator for a RRC and a few other small parts. Saved a lot of money by ordering overseas.

Colin

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
$1,000 for what? The OP didn't even say what he was wanting to order. I don't think a wiring kit for a hitch would be $1,000 for shipping and import duties.

I've ordered parts from the UK and shipping wasn't bad. In fact, I got it delivered for cheaper than I could have purchased from a US vendor. The part I'm talking about was the ABS accumulator for a RRC and a few other small parts. Saved a lot of money by ordering overseas.

Colin
From a previous post; he is looking at one of their bumpers. While 1000.00 is probably a high estimate, the shipping would be prohibitive on such a large item, even if you could get them to ship it.
Also, I would challenge you to your comment that ordering from overseas will save you a LOT of money. I have ordered from England also, but only for items not available here. By the time you allow for exchange rates and shipping, items are very rarely any cheaper from overseas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.