Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to plan a trip to Moab sometime in late August or September. Anyone interested? If you live in CO, UT, NM; don't mind a long drive from wherever you are; or will be passing thru anytime soon pls let me know.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK don't all start bombarding me at once,,,, :D
I finally sold my house so we're now thinking September,,,works better for some other folks too,,,and gives me time to move out. PS--anyone need power tools in CO? I'm having a garage sale this weekend!

Back on topic: Anyone up for Moab in SEPT let me know. We'll do a photo shoot for LRO !

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
I would love to come but I'm like 3000 miles away... plus I just came home from WY ;)

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Geez Dave...AZ?? I broke down there last summer in my truck. I think it was one of the hottest days of record. My truck was sputtering, threw codes, cats were clogged as well as the muffler. Bought a drill, ported everything out - sounded like a V8!! Still didn't fix the problem. Turned out the fuel filter was clogged too. It was so friggin' hot I had to wear gloves to handle the tools!

Well, anyways, if I can't make it to SCSL's shindig, I might be able to hook up with you in October.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
cellulararrest said:
sweet jesus. that first angle makes it look incredibly steep. I remember seeing a video of some lady flying down it in a bronco (popped out of gear or something) .
yeah, me too. it was a blazer. that was freakin' crazy. i'm not sure i'd have the marbles to do that. when you go, scsl, make sure you have someone take a pic of you on your descent.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Ahh, Lion's Back!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yeah it was a K5 Blazer - I have the video, just looked at it again to establish the fact of how silly some folks are....they must have lost trannies, or been in the wrong gear...but they hauled A$$ and flipped at the end on the roof, amongst screams from some chickidees in the background!

Great pix scuzzle

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know, come to think about it, I heard about that women in a Blazer. I can't remember where, but I think it was on the web. Maybe on Pirate :eek:
Or maybe in FourWheeler.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Seen that vid too, in fact there was some other programme where they took the woman down again in a J33P with an instructor, certainly looks scary, give me a big sand dune any day.

Would love to join you but not this year, might be planning to ship one of my Discos to Canada and drive down the west coast to California in 2006.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.