Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll start off. I picked up a set of brand new 600w incandescent 24 volt retractable landing lights from a 747. Id like to mount them flush in the tops of the wings of my series landy and have them fold up when turned on. It got me thinking, What kinds of mods do you guys dream up? Has anyone gone ahead and made their ideas into reality? I'm not talking bolt on goodies, I'm talking about serious engineering tasks. SCSL's chopped disco 2 Is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Lets hear your ideas.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
What I wish I had.....hhmmmmmm.... I'll start with the short list
24 Spline LR axles
ARB Lockers
35's
Beadlockers
12,000 lb Warn Winch
4" RTE lift
Rocksliders
Exo-cage w/ removeable top
diff guards
gas tank skid
Lightforce lights(10" HID in front, 6" HID rear)
Fox remote res. shocks(like SCSL has)
4.6L modded LR engine
LT230 T-case
Better sound system

Well that's the starting list!!!

· Magicly Delicious
1,019 Posts
well, apart from the usual. (lifts, lockers and whatever) i think it would be awsome to throw a pair of Unimog axles underneath my Disco.

· PPR
93 Posts
I know alot of people have seen this, but here's how it happened. We picked up this 1989 Rover for a parts vehicle. After the roof was removed it was obvious what needed to happen. It took 2 1/2 months to complete but it was worth it. Matt at RockWare did an amazing job with the roll cage, bumpers and sliders. The body work and paint couldn't have been any better, The rear door handles were shaved but the doors still open for storage and access. Center console is custom, Disco1 cloth manual seats. We custom made panels for the rear and had it Rhino lined. 2" body lift and 2"susp lift, long travel, brake lines etc. Replaced heads, power steering overhaul and just about everything else. The custom top was made in three pieces. We're pretty much done with it now and use it for a shop truck to run around in during the day and special events.

· Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the best looking soft top RRC I've seen. Cool paintjob too.

· Registered
707 Posts
AAXD said:
Ok, I'll start off. I picked up a set of brand new 600w incandescent 24 volt retractable landing lights from a 747. Id like to mount them flush in the tops of the wings of my series landy and have them fold up when turned on. It got me thinking, What kinds of mods do you guys dream up? Has anyone gone ahead and made their ideas into reality? I'm not talking bolt on goodies, I'm talking about serious engineering tasks. SCSL's chopped disco 2 Is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Lets hear your ideas.
WHERE AND HOW MUCH? I've been toying with the idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.