Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got the the new window lift ECU (thanks tidewaters, great condition A+) and plugged it in, nothing happend!!! :complain: So I stood there, grinding my teeth, think what could be the problem.

Ahh!! Ground Wire!! maybe that got disconected. I found the ground wire (I think) and it was not attached to anything.

Being late for work I decided I would work on this in the morning. The truck started, no problems.

Quiting time, I am going out to my disco, I jump in turn the key and............. nothing happens. :shifty: I turn it again, nothing. and again and again and again. Nothing!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :complain:

After hicthing a ride home I start to type this.
What is my problem??

All these little electrical problems are costing me a pretty penny. I am going to get this new problem fixed.

I love my disco and I tearfully considering selling. I'm a college student on a very limited income. It is hard for me afford all this. :eek:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Boy!!! I am gonna bitch slap ya if you ever talk like that again!!! Did you do the obvious? Like check to make sure the battery is connected properly? Is the battery charged? Did it make any noises when you turned the key? Do any of the dash lights turn on when you turn the key? Give us some more info so a better diagnosis can be made. Boy, my hand is cocked... :D

But seriously, I know where you are coming from as a college student. I remember being in grad school and literally living on a prayer for food and gas.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the support. :rolleyes:
:D

I can turn on everything in the car except the car engine......every time I turn the key it just clicks. It clicks some where under the hood and some where over on the passanger's side. The battery is fine, its like brand new.

:dunno:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what I am thinking, but how much would that cost to fix? All these little fixes add up. I have already pu over $1000 into this car in the last three months.

I have a friend who is willing to but it at $6K, I might take him up on it, or I'll post here starting at $5500.

I really dont want to though :bawling:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted it. There still will be time to go wheeling with ya. I dont think it will sell like a hot cake.

I didn't realize how emotional it would be to sell.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Badger! Since the vehicle started OK in the morning, but not when you started it in the afternoon + you have power, suggests that there is a little glitch in the ignition. Have you tried selecting/jiggling the gear shift lever in either park or neutral when you tried to start?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Ok, this morning I went with a AAA tow to go pick it up. We got there and I thought I would try starting it one more time. Nothing happend. We checked the battery. one of the connectors was loose. We fixed that. The car started......and reved all the way to 6.5 Rpm!!! It keeps at six until you turn it off.
Whats the problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.