Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Colin lets be honest that guy is seriously hoping for a sucker to buy that truck at $89k. 14-15k sure maybe 20k but 89k is crazy money

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
I have no idea what the value of these are in this condition, but I do know that NADA 5 door Classic prices have gone crazy. Nice original examples are $20-30k. So a rare 2-door model in crazy nice condition would or should be a bit higher than that, IMO.

Colin

· Registered
4 Posts
They had a red one a few months ago too. In the summer you can throw a fist full of rocks and hit 7 Defenders(and I'm talking expeNsive Copley Motors/ECR Defenders) and 4 restored Broncos here - these Classics would be a rarity in a community where there's unimaginable value in having something none of your friends have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
217 Posts
Saw an 88 in Tennessee at the dealer once. Green and totally restored for $25K. Was not a break even but a real nice restoration. Wish I had the money then, would be in garage now. But, even $53K is a little absurd. Take to Barrett's Auctions and test the waters!

· Registered
1 Posts
There are some real expensive ones for sale now. Some museum pieces for £ 70k to £ 144k for the best originals in the world. The 144k sold through an auction.
Real good early ones, that look near perfect do £40k to £ 60k. But there are some rebuilds and modified ones selling expensive !! One has been rebuild to a lengthened 2 to 4 door cabriolet, selling ehhh sorry ... asking € 175,000.- ‼ Some others, like a 1973 original we fully restored and rebuilt + modified to a technical upgrade (new drivetrain, engine (3.5V8 @ 238.9bhp) dash/interior with better comfort) and offering 15yrs warranty against rusting again, at a cost of ... € 108k plus some change. Yep, fully paid for and delivered 2yrs ago.
It all depends on what the client expects to get. And upon how serious his budget will be.

All this said, there also are those dreamers that think their totally rotten, numbers mismatching, VIN plate lost many years earlier etc etc old 75 2/3 door so called barn finds are worth £ 5,000.- ......... This, I believe, is far more ... uhhhh funny, than those higher prices for time warp examples or re-ingeneered restored ones that turn heads, get all thumps up and can show many modern fast cars their tailpipes

Grtz 2y'all
Lucas from Netherlands
r5o classics & oldtimers bv
+31 624 583887

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.