Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am contemplating painting my Series a really wacky colour i.e. lime green :D or bright orange etc whats the most wacky colour any of you have seen on a series land rover?

:buttrock:

Any Pics appreciated

·
Registered
125 Posts
PLEASE NOT ORANGE! It would remind me too much of one of my previous employers who paint everything orange and plaster their logo over every square inch!

Yellow works well. Lime green can be a little too much, especially on Saturday mornings. Purple is a little cliche now, and red looks like a post van. If you are confident enough about your sexuality, Barbie pink could work. Bright blue would also be a good bet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Heh, barbie pink...

I'd think anything with flames would be especially appropriate noting the series trucks' stupendous accelleration potential. I did see an engine painted up at one point with flames...

The zebra/giraffe/tiger scheme is also a good one to explore. I was thinking of painting the 109 in a tiger scheme for a while, but I think I'm just going to keep it limestone whenever I get around to that point in the rebuild.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like bogatyr ideas :D

The animal print ones seem a bit cliched though, but loads of novelty value!

or the tyre mud track, or fake spray on mud!

never seen a metalic series...

I rent my place and have to 'keep up the standards of the area' so expect i will plump for a dark blue for mine .

·
Registered
17 Posts
True Colours

Snagger said:
PLEASE NOT ORANGE!
LOL! I can only guess who you worked for.
Tangiers Orange (G4) is a fairly decent colour and according to one of the UK Land Rover magazines, the Tangiers Orange colour gaining huge popularity in France and Belguim.
I opted for that colour on my Defender XD rebuild and it's turned out fairly nice.

You could always do what some jokers did to this poor 110 Defender, which made its way to the scrap yard this afternoon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts