Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get the bolts and mounting pieces for a 99-02 brush guard?

There is a guy selling one but he does not have anything but the frame. So I would have source the parts myself and pay someone to install it?

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts

·
very disco
554 Posts
I just installed my discreet winch, and I was able to attach 1/8” steel plates to either side while still using the factory bolts. I still have plenty of exposed thread after fastening.

I’m not sure that the longer bolts are necessary.

Forget paying somebody, why don’t you just snag the bar, crawl under your truck, and use your brain to figure out what you need to make it work?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just installed my discreet winch, and I was able to attach 1/8” steel plates to either side while still using the factory bolts. I still have plenty of exposed thread after fastening.

I’m not sure that the longer bolts are necessary.

Forget paying somebody, why don’t you just snag the bar, crawl under your truck, and use your brain to figure out what you need to make it work?

The original instructions I found online for installing the factory bull bar were arduous and I did not feel I had the time or patience to do it. Did you find a way to install it yourself without going through all the work?

·
very disco
554 Posts
Not sure what “all the work” is. I bought my winch and my winch tray, took off the bumper, and made it happen. I’m also unsure about how to (and whether you need to) remove your 99 bumper. I know what your frame rails look like, I suppose it would be helpful to see what the bar looks like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts