Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all
iam planing on useing me landy 4 work its a 60mlie trip and back can any body tell me what kind of mpg i will get shes a 109 runing 750/16 wheels and a 2 1/4 d engine she used to be a six cylinder petrol i dont no if the box is still for the petrol or it was changed with the engine or are thay the same :wave:

·
Registered
317 Posts
log burner,
Since you have a diesel, getting upwards of 25mpg might be a possbility if everything is in tune and you keep the revs down. My range is 10-17 mpg with a gas engine.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mine's a 2.25 Diesel 88 on 7.50x16 wheels. My 18-mile trip to college involves about 10 miles of county lanes, 4 miles of motorway and 4 miles of stop/start city-centre gridlock.

Just normal driving, not really thinking about the fuel consumption, I get 27 mpg. If I drive with economy in mind and I take all the off-roading gear out the back, I can get 29-30 mpg. On a long motorway trip I recorded 31.5 mpg at a steady 50 mph, but sadly it didn't last.

The worst I've got is 18 mpg, pulling a horse trailer with 2 horses in up a long hill. It was 5 miles in 2nd gear, foot to the floor all the way!

The engine was re-built 6,000 miles ago and has just had some brand new injectors fitted. A good injector system and a sympathetic right foot does wonders.

Gearbox is the same for all engines (except the 3.5 V8).

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.