Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had the BFG's for about a month so I don't know haw they last. But they are really good off-road. They are also suprisinly good onroad too. they are quiet, and have very good manners for being an M/T. I haven't heard alot about the firestone though.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I went out with a group of 15 Rovers and all but 2 had BFG MT's. They are a hard tire to beat.
Mike J.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Like BFGs

Most everyone that attends my college in Lima, OH, drives anything 4X4 including me. :D Mostly everyone likes the BFG Mud Terrains. Although I'm skeptical on their performance on concrete/asphalt especially on the freeway driving (I drive home most weekends). Skeptical as in the tread wear on pavement. I know they perform flawlessly in the mud and off-road. That's why i like em'. But If i want a tire that does well on and off road. I would get BFG All Terrains. :cool:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had several sets of bfg's from the km's to the to's. They wore exceptionally well in my lighter rangers. My old ranger had 50k on the old set of m/t's and probably just over half the tread left before I traded it in. They are nice and quiet at first but they do get louder with more miles on them. I wouldn't be suprised to get 50k on them in the rover.

·
Registered
238 Posts
BFG Muddies with 60km's and about 60% wear but from 50% to 60% seems to be wearing at a faster rate, not sure if it just my imagination or anticipation of having to fork out for a new set. Really happy with BFG only one throwen lug and a few cuts in some others places, enjoy and and am happy with their performance with everything i have throwen at them.
Still deciding between 35/12.5 x 15 BFG or 35/10.5 x 15 Simex for my next set.
Adam

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Running the BFG m/t's on a 2000D2. We have put about 12K miles on the tires since fitting, and the wear is exceptional(I rotate the tires every 2-3K miles)! Most of our driving is done in the city and highway, with some offroad. As expected, the tires squirm more than a stock tire or a/t under cornering and braking due to the deeper tread but is easy to live with. Also a bit less grip in the wet, but snow traction is awesome! Offroad traction....I don't think I need to expand more than saying they are phenominal!!!

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Agree

Monty said:
I've had several sets of bfg's from the km's to the to's. They wore exceptionally well in my lighter rangers. My old ranger had 50k on the old set of m/t's and probably just over half the tread left before I traded it in. They are nice and quiet at first but they do get louder with more miles on them. I wouldn't be suprised to get 50k on them in the rover.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the tread lasted 50K miles, as long as the driver maintains tire psi, balanced wheels, and a correct alignment, I don't see why they wouldn't wear fast. :buttrock:

·
Registered
68 Posts
tyres

Ex_MOD_110 said:
What about the Michelin XZL's?
Have got some michelins on my RRC and they are fantastic off- road. Hate them on the black stuff though. Feels as if the car is all over the place. Used to have colway AT and the car handled fine then.

Have got BFG MT on my 110 and they have done about 40k miles (65k km)and have lost about 40% wear.

BFG Muddies with 60km's and about 60% wear but from 50% to 60% seems to be wearing at a faster rate, not sure if it just my imagination or anticipation of having to fork out for a new set.

I have to agree with you. I thought it was just me but the wear does seem to be 'speeding' up.

I hope to get about 70/80k miles from them before they will be useless off road. (Still legal on road but useless off)

I will probbaly get colways next as they are doing really well on the disco and are 40% of the price of BFG.

·
Registered
346 Posts
BFG MT's are the way to go - I just replaced the original MT's on my D90 - They lasted over 80,000 miles. On past 4WD's (not LR's) I have tried everything from AT's to Super Swampers. The MTs are the best all around street/mud/sand/snow/rock I have experienced. I think of them as an all terrain for those who actually four wheel. BFG's are expensive, but if you rotate every 3,000, keep the correct PSI, and limit how much rubber you leave on a rock, they will last.

·
Registered
528 Posts
trxXus m/t's are awsome, aggresive looking, badass on the trails, and can withstand a lot of abuse, make sure to get the 10-ply however, alot stronger than the 6 ply.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.