Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of mud flaps from AB and started to install them.The problem I saw was the bolts holding it on is not like a conventional bolt and screw assembly...on one side it looks like a round head ( think mushroom head) and the other side looks like a plug of some sort....I tried taking some pliers the the mushroom end but it just spins and spins.....i can't even grab onto the other side.....How do I take these off?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
If memory serves I just cut off the fixings with a cutoff wheel on an air die grinder. But that was some time ago now, the entire bracket rusted and fell off years ago lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mud flaps

I just bought a pair of mud flaps from AB and started to install them.The problem I saw was the bolts holding it on is not like a conventional bolt and screw assembly...on one side it looks like a round head ( think mushroom head) and the other side looks like a plug of some sort....I tried taking some pliers the the mushroom end but it just spins and spins.....i can't even grab onto the other side.....How do I take these off?:dunno:
These fixings are called Rivnuts; very similar to rivets. You require a special tool to remove them and install them. Cut them off with a Dremel or similar and install nuts and bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.