Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently leased a 2004 Disco and have started to see some issues with it (I only have 2300 miles on it so far) and I was wondering if others were having simuliar issues.

1. Rattle in front dash at around 60MPH
2. Hum from engine, even with radio off
3. Brake peddal jerks when pressed (3 times so far), at on point ABS, TC and brake light came on (now off)
4. Driver side power window is now broke and will not go up. Had a friend look at it and he says the "control arms" are made from cheap metal and are "bent all to hell"! Sucks too beacuse it just turned cold here :)

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply..... Hope everyone is having a great New Year !!!!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
So take it back to the dealer.
The brakes jerking would be the ABS unit kicking in on a harder then normal stop. The window regulator is built like most lately, go see the dealer.
The rattle in the dash and the noise from the engine compartment, go see the dealer.
It is not unusual to have a few bugs when new for any vehicle.
Mike J.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan to early next week, the window issue just happened Friday night and of course the service centers are not open on the weekends. Also the closest dealer is 60 miles away, so I will have to take a day off of work :(

Will let everyone know how the dealer handles these small issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shibumi1224,
I own a 04' Disco II that now has a little over 19000 miles on it. I have had no problems with it. It has been very reliable for me. It sounds like you got a "lemon" there. I would definately take it back to the dealer. Don't let this give you a sour taste for Land Rovers. All automotive manufactures have a bad one every once in awhile. You can find more satisfied Land Rover owners than non. Good Luck with the dealer.

- Eric

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
His problems don't even come close to justifiy calling it a lemon.
Get the poor truck a break.
Mike J.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I too have a 2004 HSE that had a number of faults that occurred within a very short time. Take it back and complain, it’s the only way the makers get to know that their quality control measures aren’t working.
The brake fault is extremely dangerous and you have every right to raise hell with them over it.
Everything we purchase has to be "of merchantable quality and fit for the purpose it was intended" and that’s the law.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
John,
Just because they are made in the UK, they are not perfect when delivered to us, do you have any idea how many parts can fail on a vehicle new or old?
As for the brake problem, yes, his ABS went down or is acting up but he has full braking power still. ABS only regulates the stopping rate of each tire, it is not a brake in itself so don't sound so alarming, remember none of us are forced to drive our Rovers, we choose to even with their flaws.
Mike J.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why are you such a tool discomike? This guy is having countless problems with a vehicle you blindly and zealously support, without being realistic. He comes here for help from people who, one would think, would give real advice, and all you can say is "give the truck a break?" I love my disco, but I'm not going to compromise all my standards and expectactions because its a "Land Rover" and , ooo, the brits (tried) to make it.
Matt

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Sorry,
I come from the real world, this new owner has a new truck with 2 noises an ABS fault and a bad window regulator. Yes they are problems and they should not happen, hopefully Rover will deal with it quickly and that will be that.
I wrote servive and have been a service manager for years and what he is experiencing probably shouldn't happen but it does and alot worse wether it is with our Rovers or with the Beamers and other SUV's.
It is too bad that all the auto manufactures don't do a better job, what would really be great if more dealers took better care of inspecting and setting up these vehicles better before they deliver them to us and even better care of us when these problems come up.
Then of course, there is the other side of the coin, that being all the truck owners out there that really like their vehicles and know that things will go wrong on occasion and that is the price we pay.
Mike J.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Disco Mike, you need to take a chill pill and don't take it personally or be so defensive about it. This guy is just concerned about an expensive investment he just made and is wanting some feedback. "THIS IS A FORUM". I'm sure he will take your advice and bring it to the dealer.

- ericville

·
Registered
75 Posts
Okay, so Disco Mike was a little touchy today, but 99.99999% of the time he is the most informational and helpful on the site. He really knows his stuff, and now you can see how passionate about Rovers. I still love you Disco Mike and please keep helping people!!!!! Take care, Michele :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well...Some days one is a bit more "touchy" than others,after all we're human.
I think Mike is giving his opinion on the fact.
The disco in fact needs to be taken at the dealer.BUT, that could happen to virtually every car in th world.For example,I have read TONS of bad reviews and opinions regarding the Mercedes ML SUV,and no one at the dealerships seem to care about the quality issues with it,as far as I've read before.There's even a brand-loyal guy that bought one and it was such a bad vehicle that he made a website of it.So think about it,it's not Land rover. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm so glad that I sparked such an intelectually stimulating debate with my post. We all love Disco mike, he just needs to understand other peoples points of views, just like we try to understand his. At college, they teach us tobe understanding and receptive to other views and criticisms. Heh this is really a warm and fuzzy post isn't it. Well, I've been for two days studying, and my land rover is back home without me, so I'm a little on the edge, so mike, please know we all love you. Take care everyone, and vote republican!
Matt :clap:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree, Disco Mike really does no his stuff and has helped many of us resolve problems with our loved ones, and also I have had his “Stop Bitching” responses too. So how about an "Ask Disco Mike" section for straight talking advice with no B/S discussions and debate. :bgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts