Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the ORI strut install on my 2004 Disco. Mark Elliot from Purpletop Garage made it all possible.

I can't believe the difference these struts make. The ride is incredible and the truck handles great even without the sway bar connected. The rig is more stable and sure footed while articulating. 6-8" ruts at 40mph are no problem.

2004 Disco
ORI struts
ARB air lockers front and rear
Great Basin Rovers HD drive shafts front and rear
RTE-Engineering Watts Links and adjustable Pan Hard Bar
Safari Guard bumpers
Rock-Slide Engineering rock sliders
Purpletop Garage custom radius arms
ARB LED spots and flood lights (I like to call them artificial Daylight)
Warn Zeon 10S winch

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are nitrogen filled struts. It isn't a simple bolt on. We cut out all of the Land Rover coil mounts and shock mounts. Since the bump stops are internal to the strut you don't need them on the vehicle either. The frame had to be re enforced and new shock towers welded in front and back. To get the travel I wanted they had to cut into the back of the truck. We also welded a crossmember between the to rear strut towers to provide more support and take some pressure off the frame. I built a custom crossmember for the front strut towers that is removable so I can work on the engine (Since that seems to be something that I'm always having to do). I will post some pictures of that soon.
So once you commit to the switch there is no going back. I'm not sure why any one would :)
The only problem I have found is that the ORI struts allow you to travel way faster then you ever would have before on rough roads and with that comes the issue of getting a 6000lbs truck to stop. I'll post some video of that soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.