Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos of my '97 D90SW. I sold her in March.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I LOVE it, Art! Sorry to hear the two of you have parted ways. If I could convince my wife (I know, age-old story) that modifying my 90 was therapeutic for me, I'd have her looking like your former beauty in two shakes.

I actually prefer the wheels you had to the stock '97 ones. What kind of front bumper is that?

I'm gonna hang on to these photos for future reference.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Nice D90!!

Love the wheels as well.. but I am partial I had those same wheels on my 1995 Range Rover Classic. They are 1997 Disco wheels.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GriffSC said:
I actually prefer the wheels you had to the stock '97 ones. What kind of front bumper is that? I'm gonna hang on to these photos for future reference.
It was time to sell. I do miss it, but the truth is, I really missed my '95 ST and just didn't grow to love the '97 SW like I thought I would. I convinced myself that I was "upgrading" when I sold the ST in favor of the SW, but I just didn't enjoy driving a wagon as much. I owned my '95 ST from new and drove and wheeled it for 6 years, mostly with the top off and windows out. Man I love living in Colorado. When I got the '97 SW it was too "nice" and I was always worried about getting it scratched off road. The shots in the mud were from the only time I really let loose. Usually I just stayed on easy trails where I didn't have to worry about damage, but it just wan't as much fun. Towards the end I just felt like I couldn't justify having a toy worth that much $ around that I wasn't enjoying as much as I should so I sold her and picked up a Series III project that I'm working on.
I hope to eventually get another D90, but it will be another ST for sure.

The bumper was a one-off custom made by Rockware and it was awesome.
I always liked those '97 Disco wheels also and finally found someone selling a set a few years back. Those and the RRC TWR wheels are my fav.

Let you wife drive the D90 more, she'll get the bug eventually. Especially if you let her drive off-road. Soon she'll be telling you how to modify it.
I got lucky, my wife is English so she was easy to make into a Land Rover fan. She was the reason I kept my D90 so long - she loved driving it. It wasn't until she got a '95 RRC that she finally gave in and let me sell the D90.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks for all of that, Art. I love to hear from guys like you who've kind of come circle on the whole LR buying/wheeling/modifying/selling thing. The good thing about the wife is that even though she's an accountant, I've been able to hang on to my 90 for three years already, and she's never suggested that we sell this luxury item.

I'll see if I can encourage her to get 90 fever as soon as possible.

:drink1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.