Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started learning this 3D rendering program, and I thought there was no better way to learn than to just to try drawing stuff for my D2, it definitely kept me motivated. Anywho, I've designed a few so far, but I like this one the most as of now. It's kind've a mix of a between few bumpers that I thought looked nice.

Its to scale, the base of it will only stick off the front grille about 6'', the bull bar wraps around to the blinkers, and I put a light bar kind've like safari gards so It will hold the three lights. I'm using Mikes advice and using the tube steel so it'll be very sound.

I'm still going to add a winch tray, cut out the top a little to fit a winch, 2 support beams from left to right, and possibly some tabs for limb risers, any other recommendations would be cool too. I'm posting this on two forums to see the feedback.

Please Note: Its still not finished!

Tell me what you guys think. :beer:

Attachments

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks promising. If you had a friend with a 3D printer and a diecast model of a disco, you could print it to scale and see if you like the design on the model.
I got something even better than that. I get crafting foam, send it to my buddy who has a Cnc lasercutter, he'll cut it for free and I just tape it together and put it on my car :)

Thanks Columbiar, I was thinking about changing my major to engineering, but I think ill like what I'm doing now. My dad just downloaded this program on my computer and I just learned it, it took like a week to learn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.