Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 land rover discovery II and one day when I was visiting a friend I went out to my car and it turned over fine but it would not start. The day before I drove it fine to get to their house but the next morning my car would not start.

I have changed the fuel pump and that didn't work, I changed the crankshaft position sensor and that didn't work either and I am running out of options on what it could be. I visited other forums to see if other people were having the same issue which they seemed to be having, but these solutions aren't working for me. So I will take any advice at this point on what the issue could be.

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
Does it have any codes stored. There's an inertia switch on the firewall on passenger side. That's a free thing you could check. I would also check for fire at the plugs and suspect coils. Also did you check fuel pressure on the Schrader valve on the fuel rail? I assume you did if you justified the fuel pump. Its safest with a intended gauge but I've done it with a tire gauge. Don't blow yourself up. I would try to trouble shoot things from here on out. I like changing old parts but guessing can be expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just took it to a shop to get a second opinion and the mechanic told me that I would need a new engine which would easily cost me a couple thousand. I didn't take him seriously because I doubt my engine would just quit on me randomly one day without any warnings or anything like that. I recently changed the head gasket a couple weeks before because my car was overheating and it blew on me, but after I got it changed my car was working fine until I came from a friends house and tried to start my car and it wouldn't start. I still have to check the plugs and coils and I will keep you updated on what worked and what didn't.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Get the shop manual and figure it out, it's probably something simple like a connector or ground. Just Don't freak out yet. Two things make me think the mechanic is full of **** first is that a new engine will cost you more than a couple grand and it doesn't't sound like he gave you a specific cause, engine is pretty vague.

The manual is priceless, just go through it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the fuel filter need changing? I saw a video on youtube saying it could be a bad spark plug but I haven't been near my car to check it out. And I don't know where the fuel filter would be located.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.