Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my Disco. I have to give a special thanks to Chris Hyde for the kit he sent me. It turned out perfect and I couldn't be happier. The instructions were spot on and the product was VERY easy to work with. I did it myself in less than 30 minutes.

Enjoy the pics, all comments suggestions are welcome.

Ryan

· Banned
527 Posts
Serg said:
Looks great!! Nice product Chris!!

Serg
Geesh, that silver looks SuPeRsIcK :confused :eek:

Very nice looking truck. Thanks for the compliments.

Chris

· Banned
527 Posts
Hey Crackhead, I sent you a PM about a certain set of foglights that came out of a certain bumper. Wanna sell them to a certain person?

· Banned
527 Posts

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man!

It's REALLY dirty right now (ha ha, I know guys..) but it has rained here literally 18 out of the last 20 days. When I get a chance to clean it up, I'll snap another pic. It has about 30 coats of Grand Blitz on it so the reflective properties are off the hook when it is clean. Makes it way easier to get the dirt and grime off it when I wash it.

· Banned
527 Posts
PM'd ya PC.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris, PM'ed you back.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And thanks guys for all the complements. I appreciate it. I am not sure why the guys over at DWEB hate these decals so bad, today the sun peeked it head out and I couldn't believe how much easier it was on the eyes not having the glare reflected off the hood. For a cosmetic mod, I am really surprised at how functional it really is. Oh, forgot to add, those are the Nitto Terra Grapplers mounted on there. I had a few PM's asking me to post pics of them mounted. If you all need a closer pic, I'd be happy to do it.

· Banned
527 Posts
Searcaigh said:
Love that black patch

Would look great on my silver DII too once I get my new roofrack fitted

How much $
Blackout kits are $59.99

· Registered
147 Posts
What did you use to cut the front spoiler off? I think mine is coming off this Sunday. Also, when I do the deed if someone needs lights let me know as I will have no use for them afterward. The blackout looks great on the silver. I saw one on the dark red like mine yesterday and I to pull over to wipe the drool off the steering wheel. :buttrock: :buttrock:

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually purchased a 3" cut off wheel and an attachment to connect it to my Milwaukee Drill. If you own a nice drill with a screw on side handle, it will make it easier to cut a straight uniform line.

I also decided to remove the lower reinforcement bar under the bumper because it thought it looked a little strange without the bumper covering it. I wasn't going to just cut off the sides and leave the center section hanging down low like a few other people did.

One thing that was a real PITA was removing the fog lamps, especially the drivers side since the washer fluid container is in the way or the mounting screws. What I found out (afterwards) is that it is much easier to remove if you remove the front bumper. Sounds like a lot of work, but it is only connected with (4) bolts, (2) on each side and you'll need to remove the bolts anyway to remove the lower reinforcement bar. I think that bar is only designed to keep other vehicles from traveling under the Disco in the event of an accident.

One other thing that I did was instead of cutting the lower half of the wheel well liner off, I used the cutting wheel to half way melt a line across where you would normally cut the piece off and it allowed me to bend the wheel liner at a 90 degree angle to cover bottom of the washer fluid container. The wheel liner lower mount holes line up with the upper fog lamp holes and you can attach it there. Hope that wasn't too confusing, but it will make sense once you get into it. If you try this with a utility knife instead of the cutting wheel, it will snap in half when you try to bend it in half, just an FYI.

Good luck and post a pic when you get done!

· Registered
444 Posts
That blackout looks great on your Truck!! I am thinking about adding one to mine but still a little unsure.

Anyone that is looking to get rid of fog lights I am in the market to buy some, for a DII. I have a broken lens on my passanger side, if you can part with just one I'll take it, but I will buy both if you want to sell them as a set. Please.... Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.