Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was sparked by the Diesel Jeep thread...

goes like this...

Servicing Retailer: Land Rovers South Dade

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

What can I, as an owner and enthusiast for anything Land Rover, do to help diesels make it to US Soil? While ford has done some amazing things with you guys, not bringing diesels over can prove to be a huge mistake. Your old rivals, Jeep, have diesels. Why cant you guys??? I, unlike the newer generation of owners, do use my Land Rover the way it was meant to be used...off-road. While us offroaders are a minority, even normal owners would benefit from diesel powered vehicles. The lines at stations for getting diesel are a lot shorter when natural disasters hit (Katrina and Wilma proved to be a pain in the ........ ). Please, someone get back to me on this. As a member of LandRoversOnly.com, we are all willing to get together and do whatever it takes to get those diesels over here.

Thank You for your Time,

JC

PS. Serg, after I sent it, I remembered the whole Logo thing and I am truly sorry of someone from the offices at LR do send you some sort of threatning email! :rolleyes:

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL..i know, but it's worth a try....better to pile up the emails on a specific subject with certain keywords to get them motivated or cause some effect than to sit and wait for them to do something

·
2,986 Posts
Actually, all of the times I've emailed LR, I've gotten a non-computer generated response.. Then again, the messages were in a different context and easier to answer for them i'm sure.

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LRNA's Response...

"Dear Juan Alvarez,

Thank you for contacting the Land Rover Customer Relationship Center.

At this time Land Rover does not have any plans to introduce a diesel version of any of our models into the United States. This would require several design and performance changes in order to be compliant with strict U.S. safety and emissions standards. While there are no current intentions of importing diesel vehicles, Land Rover may choose to do so in the future. We do appreciate our customer's enthusiasm regarding a diesel option and I have therefore forwarded your comments to product development for consideration.

Sincerely,

Heather Baez
Land Rover North America

If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-637-6837, option 9, or by e-mail."

Guys, even if the "I have therefore forwarded your comments to product development for consideration" part isnt true, we have to keep a positive state of mind and think..what if??? So on your spare time, email these guys with your toughts on Diesel powered LRs. If it wasnt for enthusiasts like us, Toyota wouldnt have produced the new FJ Cruiser and Chevy wouldnt have plans to bring back their retired Camaro. I have discovered by a lot of reading that they accepted letters from enthusiasts and these two projects were pushed foward because there was the interest. Lets show Land Rover that it would be worth their effort!

:buttrock:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Did Heather send a picture by the way? I might be able to work my mojo if need be. You'd be surprised where it has gotten me.... ;)

Think about it...roverX x Heather...responsible for bringing diesels to NA... we could name our first born Diesel.... Diesel X... pretty cool name. OK, I'll lay off the vodka tonics for a while. :beer:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
01001010 said:
PS. Serg, after I sent it, I remembered the whole Logo thing and I am truly sorry of someone from the offices at LR do send you some sort of threatning email! :rolleyes:
That's ok.. I will send them your way after they drain all the blood from me... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.